1973 CHRYSLER NEWPORT 2HT / SPECIAL SPRING EDITION - NAVAJO / - MODEL INFORMATION

I have the exact same car with road wheels.I have owned for almost 21 years now and can be seen every year at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle Pa It's a late built car with manufacture date of June 73.Had to have been close to the last one built with this option package.If anyone has any info on production numbers of this car I would love to hear from you .Thanks

Mine is made on April 18, 73 and was for export to Canada.

Then you probably also know that the date shown on the fender tag is a "Scheduled Production Date". In combination with the old-style door sticker it will be difficult to pinpoint the actual production date.

Hi everyone in the C-Body group.
I have the original 73 Chrysler Newport in the Special Spring Edition Navajo and I need information about this Chrysler model.
I have questions:

- How many factories have the factory produced these vehicle models in 2HT, 4HT and 4D?
- Why was this model labeled Navajo?

Thanks for helping me find the answers.

Sean

View attachment 522810

View attachment 522811

View attachment 522812

Hey! Welcome to FCBO. Here is a link to my adventures with my Navajo:

Rip's New '73 Navajo

Then you probably also know that the date shown on the fender tag is a "Scheduled Production Date". In combination with the old-style door sticker it will be difficult to pinpoint the actual production date.
The broadcast sheet will show the date the car starts down the line. If the door sticker has an MDH (Month day hour) that will indicate when the car came off the line.

I can look up numbers on the Navajo editions but probably not for a month.

Sean, I can't help with production numbersa and everything else regarding the Newport Navajo has been said already.
Usually we have a 4 door HT Navajo at BBTR, belonging to one of the regulars at the event. You will probably see when visiting our little show this year. :)

Someone might want to inquire about this seat. Might have a build sheet for more info on the navajo.

Yes, the 74 came in a 2 door.
The link above your post has a picture of a beautiful 2 door.

LEGENDS 2022/
CZECH REPUBLIC/
Car Show with the
CHRYSLER FAMILY CARS 1969-73/
C-Body Fuselage/

1970 Chrysler Town& Country Wagon + 1973 Chrysler Newport 2HT - Special Edition Navajo + 1971 Chrysler 300 4HT

IMG_20220527_134711.jpg

IMG_20220527_134525.jpg

IMG_20220527_134827.jpg

Back