For Sale 1973 Diesel Newport for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselNewport

Reaction score
Contact seller
Yes, not a typo. Has 6DR50 Mitsubishi and 727. Testing the waters for interest. Located in Ohio and will be driving to Mopar Nationals in August. Right quarter rusted at bottom, otherwise rust free. 42K. Great conversation starter and fun to watch folks when they hear the whistle of the turbo. Just plain fun.
upload_2021-7-1_6-25-55.jpeg

Thanks for your interest, I was vague mostly on purpose. Did not realize price needed to be here, let's day $5K. The "42K" is mileage. The engine is the diesel that Dodge used in their pickup trucks in '78 and '79. Six cylinder Mitsubishi diesel. This is an old build, completed in 1981. Runs and drives perfectly, whistles along at 80MPH getting 23 MPG.

turbo 1.png

turbo 2.png

turbo.png

turbo3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the tempted part. I made a living as a Mopar mechanic in another life and drove truck in another. The car just called me to it.....

The car had AC when I brought it home. The brackets that were built for it look factory, the guy was a real craftsman. I kept the bracket but the system had laid open for years before I got it so the condenser and compressor were junk. It could be brought back to life with some $$.

0-60 in about three minutes! No, no where near that bad. You do have
How does that diesel do motorvating 4,300 pounds of Newp? Any interior pics? Conversation piece for sure!
to plan when pulling out into traffic! It cruises 70-80 no problem, on flat ground. Once you learn to get a run for the hills, you are golden. The gentleman who built it lived in Wolfs Point, MT and drove it regularly to AZ and back where hi second business was (so I am told).

0-60 in about three minutes! No, no where near that bad. You do have

to plan when pulling out into traffic! It cruises 70-80 no problem, on flat ground. Once you learn to get a run for the hills, you are golden. The gentleman who built it lived in Wolfs Point, MT and drove it regularly to AZ and back where hi second business was (so I am told).
One of the most fun things is that people are already staring at the "Banana Boat" and then they hear the whistle and just kind of cock their head to one side and say "Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back