SOLD 1973 Dodge Monaco 4 Door Runs and Yard Drives,Good Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparsteve

Reaction score
Contact seller
You are buying a 1973 Dodge Monaco 4 Door Hardtop. This car is an original Oklahoma car and has not been in the northern road salt. It is very clean underneath and not crusty at all.
The original 400 engine runs great but probably needs a tune up and the carb rebuilt as it had been sitting for several years. I dropped the fuel tank, cleaned it out flushed the lines, changed oil and filter and it started right up. It runs fine and yard drives but I would certainly go through the brakes and fully service it out before trying to drive it on the road.
The car is loaded with power window, power seat, a/c, power steering, disc brakes, tilt column, AM/FM radio, cornering lights and power trunk release. The drivers window is stuck from sitting but the other 3 windows do roll up and down. The power seat moves but is slow.
The original blue paint will buff out fine for a nice driver and I buffed a side of the hood to show.
I have a CLEAR OKLAHOMA TITLE already signed and notarized ready to transfer.
The rice is 1500.00 and I am located in Alma, Arkansas 72921
Please feel free to call me at 479-430-4886 if you have any questions.

DSCN0594.JPG

DSCN0595.JPG

DSCN0596.JPG

DSCN0597.JPG

DSCN0598.JPG

DSCN0599.JPG

DSCN0600.JPG

DSCN0601.JPG

DSCN0602.JPG

DSCN0603.JPG

It would be helpful to know how many miles are on the car. At first I thought the seat covers have been redone, but after looking at the trim selector on Hamtramck Registry, I am not so sure. It they were, they were faithfully and very well done. That would also be helpful to know.

At first I thought the seat covers have been redone, but after looking at the trim selector on Hamtramck Registry, I am not so sure. It they were, they were faithfully and very well done. That would also be helpful to know.

You know what's funny? On certain things we have identical thoughts.

Hello, the car is showing 102K miles and I am sure that is correct. The seat covers are almost certainly original and are in very nice condition. The person I got this car from bought it from the original Oklahoma owners several years ago and it has been stored since 1992 when it was parked for a power steering leak. Once I got it running I discovered the power steering works fine and only needs the gearbox resealed as it leaks from the sector seal.

Hello, the car is showing 102K miles and I am sure that is correct. The seat covers are almost certainly original and are in very nice condition. The person I got this car from bought it from the original Oklahoma owners several years ago and it has been stored since 1992 when it was parked for a power steering leak. Once I got it running I discovered the power steering works fine and only needs the gearbox resealed as it leaks from the sector seal.

only needs the gearbox resealed as it leaks from the sector seal.

THAT my friend is something we needed to think about in the first place... But thank you and here we are, making decisions...

I am used to seeing cars priced at $15,000 with no underbody shots. I hope someone buys this car.

Great color too B9, someone's going to get great solid looking car. Surprised its still for sale.

This poor thing will meet its demise as a parts car . Big block, disc brakes, speed control, tilt column, am / fm. Power windows. Too much there at a low price , someone is gonna get their cash back

Here are some additional pictures that furyfinn requested. As you can see the trunk floor has some scale and a couple small places that is rusted through. I have cleaned and vacuumed the trunk floor and it is not weak at all. I would just use POR15 on it and some sealer on the couple small holes for a driver. The only outer body rust is a small place on the bottom of the driver fender and driver side lower quarter. As you can see they are not rusted totally out and should be no issue to repair if wanted.

DSCN0621.JPG

DSCN0622.JPG

DSCN0623.JPG

DSCN0624.JPG

DSCN0625.JPG

I can visualize what that car must have looked like new, and a good portion of that look could still come back. The 72-73 Monacos in my book are among the best designs ever. And the 73 in particular, was a year when everything came together - great styling, improved torsion quiet ride with even more insulation than the 72s, great interiors in all the models with either the brocade cloth or the seats in this car and so much more. furyfinn, I think you would regret not buying this car if you don't go for it. Just very satisfying cars. And how do you beat this price for so much car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back