1973 dodge polara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, they sent me small photos via e-mail, about9 or 10. Some were from the craigslist ad so they werent yielding much information. They were almost 70 years old and you got a good feeling...dad went with it

I know what you mean.
I always talk to the people on the phone, too. You get a "feeling" if they are right or not

The asking price was $7,800.00. This fellow wasnt budging and Dad didnt want to miss the opportunity, he's also not the bargaining type. He paid $7,500.00 for it, plus shipping. He's into it for a large amount, larger than most would consider but it is damn near perfect

the 'damn near perfect' makes it worth the small premium

it is worth it paying extra money if a car is close to perfect conditionwise. It means savings in the furture because it will need less improvements and less maintainence.

I have always paid extra money for my "wish" fender tag, ie right colour, buckets etc.
But often these cars were in lesser shape so I had to invest a lot to get them on the road (and I am not talking them being nice).

Still I can't convince myself to buy a car if the condition is perfect but I wouldn't have ordered it when new colourwise

I have a small fortune in my NYB already and it's no where even near the condition of Dave's Dad car.

that is ok, if your car is your dream car and you really have it as a keeper. If the plans aren't to keep it for long than you should think about it twice before you sink more money into it

What a nice car! I hope mine looks that good once I am done restoring it.. I just love the lines and front of this year polara. I think it is the nicest styled polara ever.

that is ok, if your car is your dream car and you really have it as a keeper. If the plans aren't to keep it for long than you should think about it twice before you sink more money into it

I decided before I bought the NYB that I wasn't selling any of my cars anymore. I'm all in until the end.

polara pictures  084.jpgpolara pictures 013.jpgpolara pictures 016.jpgpolara pictures  087.jpgpolara pictures 024.jpgpolara pictures 025.jpgpolara pictures 057.jpgpolara pictures 056.jpgpolara pictures 058.jpgpolara pictures 077.jpg

These were what we had to go on. Dad has a print out of the actual ad. Said something like 1973 Dodge polara, 31,800 original miles, 360 engine, air conditioning, rear defogger, call Jim at

polara pictures  084.jpg

polara pictures 013.jpg

polara pictures 016.jpg

polara pictures  087.jpg

polara pictures 024.jpg

polara pictures 025.jpg

polara pictures 057.jpg

polara pictures 056.jpg

polara pictures 058.jpg

polara pictures 077.jpg

So someone please tell me, Why is the right rear tire 3/4" closer to the wheel lip than the left rear tire?

Is that one the best original example left? I'd be real surprised if it isn't.

By the way, after post #89, Dave would say "now you're just showing off". ;)

Dont know.... there is probably some nicer, I am certain there is. The original owner died, willed it to her caretaker. He sold it to Jim, Jim sold it and bought it back. Sprayed the underside with some black spray paint, put the biggie rubber on all four corners, tinted the windows, and put the exhaust on...He works at a Ford dealership and likes Mustangs.... It also has a sure grip rear.

Those wheels are better than the ones that were on it. Too bad the originals and the covers it had weren't included - or were they?

They were, not the original tires, I dont believe but still poly-glass tires. The four original wheel covers are still with the car also.

No way Dad would go for stock wheels and covers, he's blip-ping the throttle to hear the rumble like a kid

Sorry I haven't revisited this thread, tell your dad congrats on his new time capsule! Can't wait to see it in person. The rims are a vast improvement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back