1973 Fury Gran Coupe - Broadcast Sheet etc..

You do know the sequence number is on the broadcast sheet? Not that it matters much , Ive never seen the point to block that out but as an fyi

Thanks. Nice documentation.

149108 is on BS.......

D51 on BS = 8.25 rear with 2.71 gears.

Observation....A01 coded on window sticker but not BS or tag. All sources of documentation don't always match.

Last edited:
Thanks. Nice documentation.

149108 is on BS.......

D51 on BS = 8.25 rear with 2.71 gears.

Observation....A01 coded on window sticker but not BS or tag. All sources of documentation don't always match.

Oops, uploaded the wrong corrected image. Just swapped it out. The reason being, the sequence number is ALSO the VIN number, right? It is not a good idea to post complete VIN numbers, here is why.

These cars and pics get posted and find there way all over the internet. Of course we all know how outstanding individuals are and how much we can trust people in general to be honest and never be deceptive or evil, right?

On another forum I belong to, one of the members posted his VIN. Next thing you know some clown who had saved the original sales pics of the car and the VIN which had been posted on the internet (I think Ebay) and did not purchase the car, saw the members documents as he was trying to decipher the options on his car and included the VIN on our forum. The clown saw the info and filed a claim with the local police and told them that that was his car, provided the VIN and the pics of the car, and the next thing you know is that the legitimate "new" owner had the police knocking on his door investigating a stolen car claim. He eventually got the car ownership sorted out which took him several months. He was unable to register/drive his car up to that point and the clown was arrested on fraud charges. Was a big inconvenient hassle in which the "new" owner had to deal with and prove himself the real & legitimate owner of the car.

No doubt most of us here on this forum, and others, are sincere, honest, enthusiasts and collectors and would not even think of or consider such a low ball stunt. HOWEVER, the real world has more scumbags than imaginable who's personal motivations are making money off of another's misery without conscious, shame, guilt, or regret. We all know what some of these cars are priced at and the collector car hobby offers high dollars in stolen cars - those re-sold or parted out.

That said, I would appreciate it as a show of good faith if you would please edit and remove those last 3 digits from the sequence/VIN on your posting.

Jim

Thanks for the rear axle info, 8 1/4" which was what I figured. 2.71 gear ratio sounds right the way this thing cruises on the highway. It is very peppy on take off with the higher stall converter - better than what you might imagine with 2.71's.

Back