For Sale 1973 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1

dude said step up and buy it.

go read his post @ FABO

buncha trophy entitled left coast beatnik lookin no money tree huggers

With the shitstorm this car has raised and still nobody has stepped up to the plate? oldmanmopar has won this debate.

One car lives or many other cars live because of it. Free enterprise says the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

Sad but true. I am currently starting to part out my Sportsgrain due to lack of interest in it as a whole car. It deserves to be restored but it aint gonna happen. At least it will help other cars live on.

Like I said in the other thread, I plan on taking a ride up there next Saturday and Steve is willing to deliver.

What time do you plan on leaving? An appearance at work by me is necessary for a few hours. After that, probably 11ish I could meet you at your place? If you cant wait, have fun without me...:drama:

Sad but true. I am currently starting to part out my Sportsgrain due to lack of interest in it as a whole car. It deserves to be restored but it aint gonna happen. At least it will help other cars live on.
Bought a first year B100 solely to save a unique Dodge van. Windowless /6 3 spd SWB radio delete, etc.
It was me or the crusher. I had no use for it. For Sale forever and I ended up giving it away.
Did I mention the van had no rust...

With the shitstorm this car has raised and still nobody has stepped up to the plate? oldmanmopar has won this debate.

One car lives or many other cars live because of it. Free enterprise says the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

This kind of car only survives intact. Once you take out the dash, put the door panels in the trunk, remove wiring... you rule out the drive-as-you restore project crowd. That's why it doesn't sell.

Condition wise it's like that 4dr '68 300 I brought out of long term storage. Even down to missing parts and need for a clean up. Difference is I didn't cut anything up or take it apart, I got it running well enough to drive around the block and put it on ebay. That's the car a guy in Australia will pay to ship and drive it while he fixes it.

This is a clean body with no underbody shots project being marketed on a shotgun basis to people accustomed to seeing a $2500 car you can take to a show. The devil is in the details.

+1

dude said step up and buy it.

go read his post @ FABO

buncha trophy entitled left coast beatnik lookin no money tree huggers

Lol, that's feel-good nonsense. Every junkyard owner that went to his grave with half his inventory rotting blames the customer.

Seen that car on CL. The passenger quarter behind the wheel looks to be repaired and the shape is not right.

Just got back from a look at some items in Jersey. Here is the way the car sits as of today for those interested in anything off the car. I have the seats lower quarters and the trunk floor sold if the car doesn't leave here as it sits. The door panels are good and in the trunk.

Carmine guys like you are just looking to start trouble and the reason I posted some of the repleys I did. If you don't like this car being used for parts just keep it to yourself. One day you'll need something or maybe not . none the less your bad additude is noted by all on these sites. You will never be invited here to sit with some of the good old guys. We all have a blast here. Steve

DSCN2566.JPG

DSCN2567.JPG

DSCN2568.JPG

Last edited:
Seen that car on CL. The passenger quarter behind the wheel looks to be repaired and the shape is not right.
You are correct about the repair. It was mention on here by the previous owner. The trunk drop downs are in good condition. The rest of the car looks to be original paint except for the right side fender extension. I wouldn't have noticed but the guy that did the repair told me about it.

I think what it comes down to with me is that if oldmanmopar kept the car and tried to advertise it well by showing it has original paint (and even buffing it out), a couple photos of the trunk floor, and highlights the options and history, in a couple months someone would step up to the plate and pay a good price since it runs nice and is well optioned and has some fine colors.

Chris had this car for sale a long time before someone bought it, and because I have "saved" a lot of cars already, I couldn't get another one since I am older than oldmanmopar, even though I was sorely tempted (and Chris is a super guy to buy something from - totally honest and a truly nice guy):

20160501_123718-jpg.80374

I believe this gold New Yorker that is the subject of this thread would also sell in time if not taken apart too much with the proper advertising and to me it is a shame to part it out. But the seller has his own reasons to move ahead more quickly and so be it. But I don't like the loss of another fine car, the likes of which will never be made again, so it is still a shame to me.

Maybe if Steve (oldmanmopar) hadn't been beat up so bad in this thread, the outcome might have been different and maybe he could have been persuaded (I for example could have supplied the parts he needed). But the loss of another nice New Yorker also will not cause the globe to spin differently either. And none of us will take any of them with us when we go. Good luck Steve and I do hope you continue to enjoy the company from other Mopar guys around your place and enjoy what you do.

Steve

What time do you plan on leaving? An appearance at work by me is necessary for a few hours. After that, probably 11ish I could meet you at your place? If you cant wait, have fun without me...:drama:
That would work for me. Get up there before dark to check it out. I have to give him a call mid week, I will let you know.

I pulled the motor and trans and A/C this past weekend. The car is finally gone. I kept everything I wanted out of the car. Worked out pretty good. The C-bodies take up much more room than an A-body. I won't miss it.

I pulled the motor and trans and A/C this past weekend. The car is finally gone. I kept everything I wanted out of the car. Worked out pretty good. The C-bodies take up much more room than an A-body. I won't miss it.
Thank you Steve for all of your help, this one will go a long way.

As for the thread, go to the top, click "thread tools" and select "mark thread sold". That will lock it up.

Thank you Steve for all of your help, this one will go a long way.

As for the thread, go to the top, click "thread tools" and select "mark thread sold". That will lock it up.
I tried that It does not give me that option. I believe this thread was moved here by a moderator . I only get an ignore option.

James I like the 300 Black with a white interior. That deserves to be restored. I Hope the newyorker body parts work out for you. Remember we do that work here and have the equipment. If you need help give a call. It was a nice drive to your house. I am coming back down to your neighborhood to pick up an old tractor . Total cost fuel and tolls was exactly $100 so it worked out . But now you know what it cost to bring something back and forth. It was nice meeting you and hope you keep in touch. Thanks Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back