1973 Newport Caliper Search

At my local O'reilly's store, they list them as available but are currently out of stock....

The other option would be to buy the calipers that Centric rebuilds - their new disc brake rotors are the best available anywhere for our C bodies........................

I see also that Centric is out of stock currently for our C bodies on their rebuilt calipers too.

I will try to find out directly from Centric why they are not available currently since they are local to me.
Any luck in getting the situation from Centric? I'm needing to get some calipers to complete a few disc brake spindles for future use.

Any luck in getting the situation from Centric? I'm needing to get some calipers to complete a few disc brake spindles for future use.

Centric changed their policies and so I am unable to inquire from them directly about availability of rebuilt brake calipers. They told me I had to inquire through one of their registered direct customers such as local parts supply houses. When I did that with one of them near me, they said Centric does not have in their plans to rebuild those calipers due to very low demand. So the reality facing us is that you need to take your current calipers and rebuild them yourself or take them to a local brake parts rebuilder in your area to have them done if they are pitted, stuck or need to be sleeved.

For me, I do have a rebuilder close to me who rebuilds older vehicle brake systems such as on my forward look cars. They can resleeve wheel cylinders, calipers or just rebuild them for example or whatever else you want to have done for a reasonable price - their name is Karps Brake Service here in California and in your area you might also have such a rebuilder of such parts including older brake system parts.

If you do not have the calipers from your car you might inquire with Murray Park or folks on this site for some cores..............................

My apologies for not posting this earlier but I must have been taken off course when I intended to post this reply earlier.

I kinda figured this would be the case on the calipers. Only used for 5 years and only on the full-size cars.

Looking back, IIRC there was a time when they didn't have a core charge (or it was minimal), current listings show a core charge (because cores were drying up).
That might've been a 50k-foot-view that the end was coming.

I didn't save calipers when I collected disc spindles (10+ years ago) because reman calipers were dirt cheap. Now I need some to complete them :(.

I can get a front right at least from a local auto parts store here in Almonte Ontario, my online lookup only shows there local stores stock, potentially could have a LF available, would have to call them Monday to check, when I did my Newport's a few years back I got them from NAPA but they show no stock in Canada now, there's a company called National Mo-Parts from Beaverton Ontario who is great with old Chrysler parts, I couldn't find a good stock replacement transmission pan for my 727 in the Newport, just cheap chrome pans, and I couldn't find a pitman arm for it either, I called National Mo-Parts and they could get the parts, great to deal with, their website lists the calipers

Quite possibly the aftermarket will run a batch at some time in the future, if there are enough cores left. Or maybe this is the end. Only the future knows.
We might've thought we hit the end on 69-72 rotors - but the aftermarket surprised us by introducing a cheaper alternative to match the 1973.
Imperial and Budd guys struggled for a long time on brake parts - but a new vein was mined.
Maybe one of us will engineer some type of alternative with readily available Mopar calipers, or the popular GM calipers might be the fallback.
With the ever-increasing availability of online credit-card machine shops, with web-based CAD programs - we have possibilities we didn't have before.

Heck - reproduction spindles and 11.75" caliper brackets for B-bodies have been reproduced. Yeah, those volumes are higher. I'm just saying if you had asked years ago, if anyone would ever reproduce those 2 parts, would anyone have have said 'yes'?

If you will be willing to rebuild your own calipers the specifications for the caliper Pistons seals and dust boots as well as the hardware and the actual caliper guide sleeves are the same as for the 71 through 73 Dodge challengers. The main difference between the Challenger calipers and C bodies is is in the casting only. So if you're willing to rebuild your own calipers the hardware is out there. Check out the thread on here Introducing a 1970 300 TNT convertible has shows how it can be done using a pair of rebuilt Challenger calipers for the necessary core parts to complete a c body caliper rebuild.

For what it's worth, RockAuto sells the pistons and the seals for the calipers, so the only thing you'd really need to do is hone your cylinder bore (or have a shop do it for you), and then you'd just put it in there. The piston and gaskets came out to around 30-40 bucks, I want to say?

The Autozone in my area of California at least now sells rebuilt calipers I just learned today. They are ship to home only, but that's fine.

Duralast Brake Caliper C509

• Part #C509
  • SKU #827964
  • limited lifetime warranty
    Limited-Lifetime Warranty

(0)
    0.0 out of 5 stars.
    • icon-fitment-fit.svg

fits your vehicle
  • Notes: Passenger side, Remanufactured part
$36.99

+$5.00 Refundable Core Deposit
info

Home Delivery
stdDeliveryIcon-16-16.svg

Standard Delivery
Est. Delivery June 01-02
ADD TO CART

Duralast Brake Caliper C508

• Part #C508
  • SKU #827972

(0)
    0.0 out of 5 stars.
    • icon-fitment-fit.svg

fits your vehicle
  • Notes: Driver side, Remanufactured part
$36.99

info

Home Delivery

Standard Delivery
Est. Delivery June 01-02
ADD TO CART

1653551055149.png

Last edited:
The Autozone in my area of California at least now sells rebuilt calipers I just learned today. They are ship to home only, but that's fine.

• Part #C509
  • SKU #827964

(0)
    0.0 out of 5 stars.
    • icon-fitment-fit.svg

fits your vehicle
  • Notes: Passenger side, Remanufactured part
$36.99

info

Home Delivery

Standard Delivery
Est. Delivery June 01-02
ADD TO CART

• Part #C508
  • SKU #827972

(0)
    0.0 out of 5 stars.
    • icon-fitment-fit.svg

fits your vehicle
  • Notes: Driver side, Remanufactured part
$36.99

info

Home Delivery

Standard Delivery
Est. Delivery June 01-02
ADD TO CART

View attachment 533590
I just found out this morning that Autozone had to cancel my order due to "lack of available parts" so I guess we are back to square one............................

Try Hidden Valley Auo Parts and Desert Valley Auto Parts outside of phoneix. Walked both yards in the past month and they still have disc brake cars in the yard

I had 4 in my shopping cart, was going to place order this afternoon.
Cart shows as not available.

:BangHead:

Fortunatley I got 4 cores from Murray Park a few weeks ago.

Back