1973 Newport limo

My take on the plates would be that it was plated last in Michigan in order to drive that state and comes with title transferring step... and like MN just need one plate for collector status. It was previously a Calif car and plate probably came with a previous sale. And Calif plates kinda look cool or maybe collectible to some or follow the history of car as a selling point.

That California plate would never had been issued to a 73, that series was used up by 1969 and a Q plate would have issued between 63-64. The plate on the car would have been on the rear when installed in California.

Alan

I like it but, I don't think it would fit in my garage dammit!

Ummmm

You had the hood up & took a pic of the decal.

Can I hope you also took a pic of the fender tag that you just haven't posted yet?

That California plate would never had been issued to a 73, that series was used up by 1969 and a Q plate would have issued between 63-64. The plate on the car would have been on the rear when installed in California.

Alan

Yep. That would have been a blue plate car.

We're in the minority here liking the 73 Chrysler front end. Many have expressed their distaste for them
Nice, however; I prefer the '74 design.
new-yorker.jpg

Pillar overload...

We're in the minority here liking the 73 Chrysler front end. Many have expressed their distaste for them

I haven't witnessed that much disdain over the 73 front end design on here, but as an owner of that year I will admit that it isn't my favorite front end of the fuselage catalog. For me, I prefer the loop style bumper and grill treatment of the earlier years, especially the 70-71's.
That said, the 'mug' of the '73 has grown on me. It's big, it's blocky, and mean. The large rubber 'nubs' give it an even meaner appearance. Chrysler designers did well amidst the new regulations imposed that year, especially when compared to '73 FoMoCo's and The General.

I haven't witnessed that much disdain over the 73 front end design on here, but as an owner of that year I will admit that it isn't my favorite front end of the fuselage catalog. For me, I prefer the loop style bumper and grill treatment of the earlier years, especially the 70-71's.
That said, the 'mug' of the '73 has grown on me. It's big, it's blocky, and mean. The large rubber 'nubs' give it an even meaner appearance. Chrysler designers did well amidst the new regulations imposed that year, especially when compared to '73 FoMoCo's and The General.
I'm hoping to pickup a '73 Newport or NYorker Coupe some day. I don't think I'll ever shake off the Imperial bug though...

Unless they changed the laws, everything 69 and newer needs 2 plates, you lawbreaker.
they asked me if I wanted one or two plates for the 69 and Big Red this year...are ya sure? I got two anyway for each.

they asked me if I wanted one or two plates for the 69 and Big Red this year...are ya sure? I got two anyway for each.
Must have changed the laws. When I got mine they asked me if I wanted 2 for the 66 & 67, the 72 they told me I needed 2, but that was at least 8-9 years ago.

Each state is different, last I checked not all stated require two.

Alan
I was referring specifically to Doc and our MN plates. I always wondered why if some years need 1, why do others need 2? Never made sense to me, just like different mile/use restrictions to different year/plate series. Silly government.

Back to the limo! I'd rock this thing all day long, I could carpool people to work and have it pay for itself!

Last edited:
Back to the limo! I'd rock this thing all day long, I could carpool people to work and have it pay for itself!

Great idea. I was kind of thinking along those lines myself; maybe shuttling people to the Manhattan Ferry...but due to the high level of incivility around here, the interior would probably get trashed in no time

Back