For Sale 1973 Polara 440 Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

73 Polara Wagon

Reaction score
Contact seller
DODGE 1973 POLARA CUSTOM 9 PASS WAGON 440 4BBL Torque Flite Auto Trans Sure Grip Rear HD Suspension A/C 3RD Row rear facing seat Electric Rear Window Dark Tan Metallic w/ Gold Interior Excellent original condition New tires & shocks Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust
28K Original Miles Asking $22,500 973 769-6633 nelsondd868@optonline.net

41518-1.jpg

41518-3.jpg

41518-4.jpg

41518-5.jpg

41518-18.jpg

41518-19.jpg

41518-20a.JPG

41518-26.jpg

He's a member here. This is a great car in great shape. It is what it is ...perfect

If only it had dual a/c.........................................................and was a Monaco.

I wonder whether it will hit that price? Have wagons generated that much cash lately? If so, I sold my Monaco way too cheap!

2004-01-01 00.00.27.jpg
2004-01-01 00.00.09.jpg

If only it had dual a/c.........................................................and was a Monaco.

I wonder whether it will hit that price? Have wagons generated that much cash lately? If so, I sold my Monaco way too cheap!

View attachment 183408 View attachment 183409

I had a F5 green one just like that. Definately regret selling that one (although I would have painted it F8). I love woodgrain w/black. Very classy. Awesome woodgrain design on those.

I am just emulating the best there is Stan - you!!
I don't really regret who I sold it to as he is actually using it, showing it and enjoying it immensely - and it stayed right here in Southern California with the dual a/c doing its job wonderfully in the black wagon (and the heavy duty cooling that came with the towing package!)
I don't let things like this really bother me - just letting Dave know that I agree with his valuation these days of wagons like these.
:drama:

I am just emulating the best there is Stan - you!!
I don't really regret who I sold it to as he is actually using it, showing it and enjoying it immensely - and it stayed right here in Southern California with the dual a/c doing its job wonderfully in the black wagon (and the heavy duty cooling that came with the towing package!)
I don't let things like this really bother me - just letting Dave know that I agree with his valuation these days of wagons like these.
:drama:

I thought you were a supporter of all things Americana being shipped over seas in the selling off of our countries heritage. While supporting the countries inner self destruction and the Pussification of America.:wideyed:

I thought you were a supporter of all things Americana being shipped over seas in the selling off of our countries heritage. While supporting the countries inner self destruction and the Pussification of America.:wideyed:

You obviously don't understand a lot of things about me it appears. Maybe when you get out west where America is already great, we will get a chance to clear the air in person. Very little in this world is is so easily condensed.

I will just say that I would prefer our cars stayed in this country if people here had the resources to restore or at least maintain these cars rather than just let them rot in their fields of dreams. Overseas, they are at least given a much better chance of surviving and prospering since they have the resources to do so and haven't mortgaged everything to the hilt and maxed out all their credit cards.

I will just say that I would prefer our cars stayed in this country if people here had the resources to restore or at least maintain these cars rather than just let them rot in their fields of dreams. Overseas, they are at least given a much better chance of surviving and prospering since they have the resources to do so and haven't mortgaged everything to the hilt and maxed out all their credit cards.
My only problem with the send it to Europe attitude is that it says Americans don't care, or they can't do it. I get selling to whoever has the funds, but predetermining (or what you want to label/call it) that the car is going overseas, might screw over a guy that has to take a week or two to rangle up the money, because Pierre, or Heinrich has cash in hand. Once again, I get it. I've been lucky to string out a deal to allow me to get the vehicle and still eat cheese sandwiches, on multiple occasions. Nothing to write home about, but made me a happy camper. I can't play with big dollars, but if I could pull something off, I'd like a chance with some understanding that my last name isn't Rockefeller. I've seen guys worth millions getting the squeeze to pay instantly when reaching a deal, doesn't wveryoev carry around 20k on them? I have no problem with cars going to Europe, or wherever, just a dislike of giving up on us Americans right from the get go. Our bogus economy sucks and the average Joe doesn't seem to have much spending cash these days, which doesn't help, and yes, we are hesitent to pay what others might consider cheap.

Not picking in you personally, I know you love these cars and only want to the best for them.

My only problem with the send it to Europe attitude is that it says Americans don't care, or they can't do it. I get selling to whoever has the funds, but predetermining (or what you want to label/call it) that the car is going overseas, might screw over a guy that has to take a week or two to rangle up the money, because Pierre, or Heinrich has cash in hand. Once again, I get it. I've been lucky to string out a deal to allow me to get the vehicle and still eat cheese sandwiches, on multiple occasions. Nothing to write home about, but made me a happy camper. I can't play with big dollars, but if I could pull something off, I'd like a chance with some understanding that my last name isn't Rockefeller. I've seen guys worth millions getting the squeeze to pay instantly when reaching a deal, doesn't wveryoev carry around 20k on them? I have no problem with cars going to Europe, or wherever, just a dislike of giving up on us Americans right from the get go. Our bogus economy sucks and the average Joe doesn't seem to have much spending cash these days, which doesn't help, and yes, we are hesitent to pay what others might consider cheap.

Not picking in you personally, I know you love these cars and only want to the best for them.

I understand your position, but after several years of trying to thin my collection by trying to sell in the U.S., I became VERY frustrated dealing with the guys in this country. I hate to say it, but it is true. They commit to buying, then a week later back out, or you never hear from them again. And then they want to make payments when you already say that is not an option. And a lot more, even on Ebay. Stand in my shoes and go where I have been and then tell me how wonderful it is to sell in the U.S. to excellent buyers.

In my more than 30 sales overseas, I have yet to have even ONE single issue with a sale over there. Think about it and then continue to tell me what I should do. I am a little tired of all these experts who haven't been there and who continue to believe in the moral compass of too many folks in the U.S. It hurts me to say this, but things have changed damatically from when I was growing up, and today it is at an ever increasing pace. And I really don't care if someone disagrees with my comments or not. I just assume they are living in a bubble from lack of experience.

But if I know someone in the U.S. personally, and trust, that has interest in one of my cars that I am willing to let go, I am more than willing to work with them to make a deal happen where I will know the car is going to a good home and the price will be more than fair to them and the deal will go through.

I've never had trouble selling a car here. The one overseas transaction 15 years ago was problematic, it worked out but i didnt have cash in hand like i do with an American buyer.
The anti American sentiment of these threads torture me.

I understand your position, but after several years of trying to thin my collection by trying to sell in the U.S., I became VERY frustrated dealing with the guys in this country. I hate to say it, but it is true. They commit to buying, then a week later back out, or you never hear from them again. And then they want to make payments when you already say that is not an option. And a lot more, even on Ebay. Stand in my shoes and go where I have been and then tell me how wonderful it is to sell in the U.S. to excellent buyers.

In my more than 30 sales overseas, I have yet to have even ONE single issue with a sale over there. Think about it and then continue to tell me what I should do. I am a little tired of all these experts who haven't been there and who continue to believe in the moral compass of too many folks in the U.S. It hurts me to say this, but things have changed damatically from when I was growing up, and today it is at an ever increasing pace. And I really don't care if someone disagrees with my comments or not. I just assume they are living in a bubble from lack of experience.

But if I know someone in the U.S. personally, and trust, that has interest in one of my cars that I am willing to let go, I am more than willing to work with them to make a deal happen where I will know the car is going to a good home and the price will be more than fair to them and the deal will go through.
I've only looked at a couple of cars for our European friends, that's my experience. And yes, they buyer was ready at the drop of a hat, and had everything else figured out and ready to go in a very timely manner. Seller was paid promptly and was happy.

My only experience buying a car (or attempting to) was a 69 Imperial that was taken off the market when the seller spoke to a buyer from Europe. Seller knew I had to go to the bank on Monday, and over the weekend the guy from Europe talked to him, and that was that, I was out after being told the seller would wait. European money sealed the deal.

Hey, I can't buy them all, so in the long run it doesn't amount to a hill of beans. They made plenty of cars that are still around and can be enjoyed, and I have my fleet to keep me busy, so that's all that really matters. When I sell my car, it's only going three miles away.

I've never had trouble selling a car here. The one overseas transaction 15 years ago was problematic, it worked out but i didnt have cash in hand like i do with an American buyer.
The anti American sentiment of these threads torture me.

There is nothing anti-American about my choices of where to sell my cars. It is simply a question of how much frustration do I want to endure and the amount of lost time I will never recover when trying to sell here. I would prefer they all stay over here as a part of our national heritage, but the world has changed and we are not what we used to be. We all increasingly live in one big world and I don't believe anything is going to slow that down. We can hold our hurt feelings to the grave, but they will die there along with us. Might as well face the new realities that exist in the world today. The U.S. can try to isolate itself from the rest of the world, but in the long run, it won't succeed either. Like I said, we are not who we used to be. And neither is the rest of the world. We are losing ground unless we become more competitive and make better political choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back