For Sale 1974 Dodge Charger Slant/6-Automatic $1600 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Amato

Reaction score
Contact seller
Someone go get this link,PLEASE? 1974 Dodge Charger Slant/6 Automatic $1600 OBO Call (612)817-6162 Clearwater,MN. Minneapolis Craigslist listing Very Unique Car Take Care Paul-SUPERCAR-Amato.....Merritt Island,Florida

1974 Dodge Charger $1600 OBO (Or Trade -- Ask)
00X0X_4VhvooL4M4f_600x450.jpg

00a0a_lRGKGIBpEQ0_600x450.jpg

00M0M_krbHuwM4c4P_600x450.jpg

**Reduced - +50%
**I need this out, next project is here

**360 / 727 is NOT included. I did some asking and found out this was grandpa's 1978 New Yorker(?) with 56K

1974 Dodge Charger $3600 OBO (Or Trade -- Ask)
225 Straight 6
727A -- Column Shift
8 ¾ Rear End

This is a complete car minus one fender trim. It was originally a green exterior and still has a green interior. The lines on this car are absolutely straight. I bought this to restore and was well into part hunting when a car I bid on last summer called me back, so I'm selling this. This car has rust issues and I call it out below, will send detailed pic's to serious buyers. Comes with Chrysler Factory Certified Shop Manual on CD covers everything -- Adobe PDF by Detroit Iron Systems.

The Facts:
Special ordered from the dealer with straight 225 6Cyl -- No A/C
Bench Seats need to be re-skinned - Available
Dash needs replacing - Available
All glass is there and in great shape. No cracks or fading. Windows roll freely
Bumpers -- Front very good shape -- Rear excellent shape
Front and Rear Lenses -- Very nice. Even the rubber bumpers are near perfect.
Front Grille -- Excellent shape, no chips or cracks
Motor ran in 2014 when it was parked, turns over and fires.
Lower fenders front and rear skins need replace (my intention) or repair- all available
Front floor pans needed (I would but can be easily patched too) -- All available
Trunk -- 90% good, patch or replace, but the trunk extensions below need replacing -- All available
Rear inner wheel wells need to be replaced --Available
Engine compartment is all there, some surface rust on firewall. Typical battery tray rot, rest of engine compartment solid and everything is there.
Hood and Trunk lid are good but I already book marked the Power Bulge hood I was going to put on it to cover the 5.7 Hemi. (there's 1,000's out there for cheap)
Electrical -- Lights, Brakes, Turn signals and wipers all worked. Heater blower motor did not.
Headliner and Carpet -- Needs replacing -- All available
Interior panels, doors and rear -- Good shape, all there, no pieces or parts missing.

This car is all here, no part hunting for trim or interior. I've done restorations before and wish I'd had all the little stuff. Everything needed to restore this car is available on-line, inner fenders to skins to seat covers. Pickup a copy of a Mopar magazine, you'll find a ton stuff like head liners and seat covers, Goolge the rest -- it's all out there. Trim is in the trunk, I put some on just for the pictures.

Very difficult to imagine why anybody would sink tons of money into it to restore a /6, automatic, non-a/c, Malaise era car.

Keep the sixer add two doors and you'll have a modern day Charger...

I have just the company for you.... 4-Door Barracuda

You know that car is nifty and all, but it sure pisses off a bunch of retired Chrysler designers who call BS on the whole idea it was ever considered.

In talking with a few of them about my Dodge Sundance, I had to get through a firewall of anger about "fake" cars before they let me get out a word! This 4dr Cuda was ground zero.

I remember that Dodge offered a Charger package in 1974 that had a /6, automatic and that was about it. No extra trim and just a few accessories. I think they were called the Charger III or something like that. The local Dodge dealer had a couple and IIRC, they were this fugly beige color.

You know that car is nifty and all, but it sure pisses off a bunch of retired Chrysler designers who call BS on the whole idea it was ever considered.

In talking with a few of them about my Dodge Sundance, I had to get through a firewall of anger about "fake" cars before they let me get out a word! This 4dr Cuda was ground zero.

the guy who built it is an utter nutter as well.
he went thermonuclear over on the b body forum,
and eventually got the boot.
i too was involved in that a little and spoke to several Real guys who were there back then and they also said no,nope,nada,and never happened.
it pissed them off too,that he was trying like heck to rewrite Mopar history,
just to make himself look good now.

his company does do good work,will say that.
his site is full of good stuff!
on the other hand,if youre a friend of his,
and you need a tag made up,hes your crook.

btw Paul,you gotta read the ads man.
that guy wants 3600 for that pile.

Someone go get this link,PLEASE? 1974 Dodge Charger Slant/6 Automatic $1600 OBO Call (612)817-6162 Clearwater,MN. Minneapolis Craigslist listing Very Unique Car Take Care Paul-SUPERCAR-Amato.....Merritt Island,Florida
Hey Paul, can I ask why you don't get these yourself? If you have the "where with all" to find them on the net...why don't you just post them yourself? Just sayin'...

Hey Paul, can I ask why you don't get these yourself? If you have the "where with all" to find them on the net...why don't you just post them yourself? Just sayin'...

i ran into paul Years ago when i sold a monaco,
doesnt look like hes changed much lol.
think he used to advertise in the mags too,hes always been a fanatic,and at one time he had a coupla nice cars down there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back