For Sale 1974 Plymouth Fury III - $4,999 (NOT MINE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:
"every square inch of it inside and out would be cleaned with so many Q-Tips"

"Q-Tips" Really? Amateur... needs to be dissembled and washed very carefully, if you don't the mold/fungus will come back. A/C unit needs to be dissembled and cleaned too.
Carpets & seats need to be professionally steam cleaned, a proficient carpet cleaner can do this. The headliner may be a problem. Basically you need to do a mold remediation.

"there’s room to get it in shape again and not lose your shirt"
Good luck on that one.

"doesn’t mind getting 12 mpg" False, you can get 20/22mpg with the 2bbl version if you pump up the tires hard and use the cruise control and that's at 80/85 mph. I got that with my 1976 Gran Fury.

At the end of the article when you click on the "MORE: PLYMOUTH FURY" link you will see a whole bunch of 'Never Sells'.

... you can get 20/22mpg with the 2bbl version if you pump up the tires hard and use the cruise control and that's at 80/85 mph.

Being a penny pinching Dutchman, I'll take that advice to heart! I do have a 360-2 engined Fury with cruise control. Only where in Europe can I put that cruise control to good use?

From the article:
"every square inch of it inside and out would be cleaned with so many Q-Tips"

"Q-Tips" Really? Amateur... needs to be dissembled and washed very carefully, if you don't the mold/fungus will come back. A/C unit needs to be dissembled and cleaned too.
Carpets & seats need to be professionally steam cleaned, a proficient carpet cleaner can do this. The headliner may be a problem. Basically you need to do a mold remediation.

"there’s room to get it in shape again and not lose your shirt"
Good luck on that one.

"doesn’t mind getting 12 mpg" False, you can get 20/22mpg with the 2bbl version if you pump up the tires hard and use the cruise control and that's at 80/85 mph. I got that with my 1976 Gran Fury.

At the end of the article when you click on the "MORE: PLYMOUTH FURY" link you will see a whole bunch of 'Never Sells'.
Actually the interior is not all that bad. I know cause I've spent a Sunday afternoon crawling all over this car, inside and out. (in what little space was cleared to do so)
I figure after a few weeks in the hot MN. sun, Maguire's cleaner and all 4 windows down at 75 mph, I'd hardly notice that smell anymore.
My main concern was where would I even find the lead substitute anymore for that "low leaded" fuel burner. I made a standing offer, but seller wants to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back