1975 400 2 to 4 barrel conversion (general questions)

LL037568

Reaction score
I’m looking to do a 2 to 4 barrel conversion on my 400 in my Newport. I was planning on using a edelbrock 2186 manifold along with a street avenger 650 carb. Does anyone have a clue if I can reuse my stock 2 barrel kickdown and throttle cable. If not could you point me in the right direction.

I just converted my 72 Newport to a 4 bbl using the same intake and a spreadbore Holley thermoquad replacement. I chose to use the Bouchillon Performance kit as I have used them before and I know they work.

BPE TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

20240204_142827.jpg
20240204_142838.jpg

@496 polara which Holley did you use? Still needed the adapter mechanism? Just curious.

Thanks,
CBODY67

I just converted my 72 Newport to a 4 bbl using the same intake and a spreadbore Holley thermoquad replacement. I chose to use the Bouchillon Performance kit as I have used them before and I know they work.

BPE TorqueFlite Kickdown Cable Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

View attachment 642825View attachment 642826
Thank you again for the info, one last question. One the drivers rear carb stud you have a new accelerator cable bracket. I didn’t see that listed in the kit, is that something I am gonna have to fab up on my own or is it included?
Yes we did.

Thanks for reminding me of the Holley 4010 carb family. Holley-ization of the old Ford 4bbls of the 1960s. Including the annular discharge venturis that Ford used back then. 4011s were the spreadbore models. Easier to work on than the Holley 4165/4175 spreadbores.

Take care,
CBODY67

I won't say it was my first choice but everything else I had at home was too big for this application. The fact that it was rebuilt and ready to go at a very affordable price didn't hurt.
Some day I will rebuild my edelbrock quadrajet with mopar linkage and use it.

Back