SOLD 1975 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get you some, but idk if I would smoke em! LOL The cigarette lighter does work though!!

Thank you!
Functional cigarette lighter is totally not correct, bro.

Good luck! That build was a blast to watch!

Do tell!! Where she headed? Did the reference from Spy work out?

I will let the gentleman chime in if he would like, but yes that is who is getting her. I had a couple others interested, but had the best “feeling” with him.

Hope you get something in place of it soon. Really sucks you had to get rid of it, but at least it is going to a good caretaker and you got some extra cash for other projects. Seems like last year you won 3rd place in Carlisle and now it's sold. :(

No more new projects for me at the moment. I’m looking to consolidate for now. I’ll still have the Newport to putz around with when I want.

I’ve been driving/restoring old stuff my entire driving life, looking to change that for the moment if you catch my drift.... LOL

There will always be a sense of pride knowing when a car has a good responsible new home.Make sure you take a video of her going.It,s hard but you should do it for the memories.Heh.It,s the most evil cop car ever.

Will deff get pics/vid on her way out! Forgive me if I get a few tears in the camera lol.

Functional cigarette lighter is totally not correct, bro.

Good luck! That build was a blast to watch!

Well I mean..... Jake did need the lighter fixed... LOL. It was usually hidden in the glove box!

Wow, that was a fast sale. Don’t underestimate the Blumo crowd. Don’t fret, now there is more time and money for the toy trains!:)

Took my NYB a year to sell.
A Blumo took several days.
Who's the dummy here? :BangHead:
I loved Zac's for the blood, sweat and tears that he put into it... I loved yours for what she is, but dummies like us a few and far between :rolleyes:

I have been trying to get around to building a nice cop BB one for my Boston buddy for over a year. When I saw this car I texted him and said buy it. The quality of the under carriage is over the top (is that a pun?). Anyway, he will get a free 14o face when I get them next month and a message to the seller, if you need a car for an event or use, let me know. We have a dirty one and a clean one. Stephen

190623_GR_0256[1].jpg

IMG_0225.JPG

Wow, that was a fast sale. Don’t underestimate the Blumo crowd. Don’t fret, now there is more time and money for the toy trains!:)
40 year anniversary of the movie is this year. June 20 is the reunion for the cars in Mt. Prospect. I hope Zac's car goes and we may ship one up to participate as Great Race is date conflict for me. Jake

No, even the trains are taking a back seat at the moment, not for long though.. don’t worry lol

Took my NYB a year to sell.
A Blumo took several days.
Who's the dummy here? :BangHead:

I’m glad it went quick, kind of like ripping a bandaid off. Get it over with

I have been trying to get around to building a nice cop BB one for my Boston buddy for over a year. When I saw this car I texted him and said buy it. The quality of the under carriage is over the top (is that a pun?). Anyway, he will get a free 14o face when I get them next month and a message to the seller, if you need a car for an event or use, let me know. We have a dirty one and a clean one. Stephen

View attachment 358619

View attachment 358620

Thank you sir! I would have been all over the 14o face if she was staying. The “one” part I always wanted to get, but never snapped one up. I was content with the ‘75 and up 140. Only us diehards can tell usually.

40 year anniversary of the movie is this year. June 20 is the reunion for the cars in Mt. Prospect. I hope Zac's car goes and we may ship one up to participate as Great Race is date conflict for me. Jake

That would be awesome!! The car did the 30th anniversary in 2010. While there took it to all the filming locations as well. I believe this is also the last Bluesmobile to drive in the Dixie square mall before it was torn down. We went back in 2011, but the mall was blocked off, and they barricaded the entrance I had made the year before lol.

Obviously this is before the “major” restoration. She wasn’t quite as nice then..

1F8E140F-33BB-45A4-A568-921966375C51.jpeg
BD05F49F-BF53-4062-9614-952CE20BBAAE.jpeg
1EDF95D0-966F-4E16-8889-61F33E9D4772.jpeg
007D3619-2EF9-422B-87C7-D2534A1CEE65.jpeg
926C8AFB-99E1-437C-BF91-CF4EF3052E72.jpeg
668CCE05-B5AD-4038-A557-B9B969DAD513.jpeg
1C7C45D5-EDF4-499B-9632-A7EF2CF87F45.jpeg

Took the old gal out on our last ride together today. Ran her up to the gas station for some fuel to start her next chapter. Payment has been received, and all is good to go. Waiting on the transport company to come get her. Even found some more original dealer paperwork in the dash I forgot about while cleaning all my stuff out.

6B3C7551-8E90-45F8-B08A-DB1757D0EAB5.jpeg
B1019E8A-E5C2-40E4-B8B8-F356F160F302.jpeg
49A28E6D-EBCE-4468-9121-2A166A928C5E.jpeg
352E48C5-4B64-40C4-9B56-DA04FF67F5B8.jpeg
7BA5849D-E896-4D68-B576-1B7F3C80102D.jpeg
FB0B6C42-3959-41D2-8AC1-0A20056DCB52.jpeg

View attachment 360438

Last edited:
Congrats on the drama free sale...

BUT...

There is no way I can put my head around you getting the garage you always needed/wanted, and not using it to continue your exploits. :realcrazy:

Looking forward to the next project... maybe sunroof fabrication...

Remember, its all about my amusement :lol:

epically late. congrats zac on the the sale. all the best in the next project

one last thing perhaps before you close the thread. did you use 2 1/2 to 3 inch exhaust pipes on the Monaco? she rumbles purdy good at idle boss ... thats the sound I try to get with all of mine (when they "slo roll" patrolled at night in the neighborhood, rattling windows and wakin up babies)

i am not always able to get the idle tone I want on my formal squads -- even with the same hardware(exhaust manifolds, mufflers, cats/no cats doesnt seem to matter, factory bends, etc) and comparable tuning:)

I make a great salesman. Now that I don't need to build a Blumo we are back on the Lemons 24 Monaco. Maybe you could help us drive. "Its got a cop motor, a 440 inch plant. The model before catalytic convertors. It runs good on regular gas. etc" Started right up after a year off. Jake

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

Wow Bud that sale went faster than one would think!
Sounds like it went to a good home. Mission accomplished, congrats.

Congrats on the drama free sale...

BUT...

There is no way I can put my head around you getting the garage you always needed/wanted, and not using it to continue your exploits. :realcrazy:

Looking forward to the next project... maybe sunroof fabrication...

Remember, its all about my amusement :lol:

As Stan pointed out, you do see the yard, right?? Believe me, I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy for a while lol.

That green pig sitting in front of the garage is the next endeavor. She blew another head gasket, and decided to start cannibalizing herself. Joy! Gotta tear the heart out for a complete rebuild

925C2A61-5416-497A-9FDE-BFAB405CB846.jpeg

And yes there’s that white car in the garage....

Next endeavour Zac?

Hellcat????

I did go test drive a Go Mango widebody Scat Pack yesterday Bob!

E66DBC41-1B32-4DEA-ABB3-FEB7E2F2303C.jpeg

As awesome as it is, not the route I’m looking for at the moment. But if extra $$ was there... hmm.... LOL

epically late. congrats zac on the the sale. all the best in the next project

one last thing perhaps before you close the thread. did you use 2 1/2 to 3 inch exhaust pipes on the Monaco? she rumbles purdy good at idle boss ... thats the sound I try to get with all of mine (when they "slo roll" patrolled at night in the neighborhood, rattling windows and wakin up babies)

i am not always able to get the idle tone I want on my formal squads -- even with the same hardware(exhaust manifolds, mufflers, cats/no cats doesnt seem to matter, factory bends, etc) and comparable tuning:)

Thank you! I’ll close the thread once she leaves, and is sitting on the trailer.

The exhaust is actually a 2” true dual system. I wanted 2.5”, but they only had 2” pipes when I went in. Was a little disappointed by that, but was happy with the results.

She has standard manifolds, true 2” duals, and repro Accurate exhaust Hemi mufflers. Just the sound I was looking for. She sounds like a Mopar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back