1975 Imperial Build sheet

Thanks for saving this Imperial. Being an Onterrible car all it's life (serious rust belt), that will no doubt include some rust repair.

I hope the rot isn't too bad.

Thanks for saving this Imperial. Being an Onterrible car all it's life (serious rust belt), that will no doubt include some rust repair.

I hope the rot isn't too bad.
It's surprisingly very clean, I'd say even more so than the typical southern car. There's only light surface rust on the underside with a sizeable amount of (presumably) factory undercoating. The only real rust spot is right behind the captain's side rear wheel along the weld where the trunk floor meets the quarter panel, and even then I'll only need to replace a ~6"x1" portion

I never heard of an ozone generator. I'll have to remember that! About 30 years ago I found a mouse had been living in the heating system of my Subaru hatchback. When I fired up the heater, after getting it back on the road, I near barfed! I went through everything and found the mouse had also been up into the duct work. Vinegar was recommended. I got about 3 or 4 gallons and washed everything. So after that whenever it was raining or very humid the car would smell like mouse salad!

we got the 1100 model, weve used in some pretty nasty smelling cars and been very happy with the results

Regarding the "N38" Non-cat exhaust system . . . on all of the first year or so of Federal Lean Burn cars with no catalytic converter, there was a silver maple leaf sticker on the lower lh front door structure, below the latch, with had "Non Cat" on it. Similar on this Canadian-destination Imperial?

Just curious,
CBODY67

Last edited:
Regarding the "N38" Non-cat exhaust system . . . onm all of the first year or so of Federal Lean Burn cars with no catalytic converter, there was a silver maple leaf sticker on the lower lh front door structure, below the latch, with had "Non Cat" on it. Similar on this Canadian-destination Imperial?

Just curious,
CBODY67
I believe so, I'll try and get a picture of it tomorrow

While tearing into my interior to get rid of all the mouse house and related smells, I was able to retrieve a complete build sheet from under the rear seat, I also managed to get three others though they are in much worse condition. When I bought the car it came with a decoded fender tag paper, other than that I'm pretty much clueless as to how this car left the factory. It's a Canadian car (1 of 32 to come with a sunroof) that's spent its life in central Ontario, presumably starting in the area west of Barrie, I'm guessing it was taken off the road sometime around 2010, in 2020 it was sold to somebody near Brantford who planned to run it in a derby, I bought it in 2022 and brought it back up to around the GTA, where I'm putting it on the road. Here's the sheet for all that are interested, I don't know how to decode it myself but if anybody wants to take a crack at it, go ahead. I can clarify the numbers if needed, between the four sheets I should have all the columns

View attachment 574359

View attachment 574360

View attachment 574361

View attachment 574362
I hope I can find one or more in my newly acquired 1974 Crown coupe that arrived yesterday. I have never found one in a car I owned so it would be a treasure trove of data if I can find it. I have the window sticker, sales documents from original sale and fender tag so that would complete the documentation.

I hope I can find one or more in my newly acquired 1974 Crown coupe that arrived yesterday. I have never found one in a car I owned so it would be a treasure trove of data if I can find it. I have the window sticker, sales documents from original sale and fender tag so that would complete the documentation.
If you want to try and take out the bottom of the back seat, push inwards on the bottom frame then lift it up, there's a clip on both sides that look something like this holding the seat in. That's where I found two of mine, and a large mouse house. It's cool that your's came with all that documentation, mine didn't even come with the owner's manual

Untitled_Artwork.jpg

If you want to try and take out the bottom of the back seat, push inwards on the bottom frame then lift it up, there's a clip on both sides that look something like this holding the seat in. That's where I found two of mine, and a large mouse house. It's cool that your's came with all that documentation, mine didn't even come with the owner's manual

View attachment 574935
Thank you for the insight to verify the quantity of mouse squatters that might be hiding somewhere within. Best wishes.

Back