1976 royal monaco diplomat edition 440

Took Black Betty out for the first drive this evening. SSMMOOOOOTH. This thing runs and drives great. Now for some exterior cleaning and polishing.

running a little to warm, had radiator and cooling system flushed... much better now.

Couple pics of Betty out on the town.

180616_0004.jpg

180616_0006.jpg

they're not old. about 5 yrs, but were stored in my friends basement. no cracks, ride smooth.

The tires that WERE on it were old. Had one of those of the car in the sun, it got hot and the tread just went POP, AND CAME RIGHT OFF THE TIRE IN THE DRIVEWAY!

The tires that WERE on it were old. Had one of those of the car in the sun, it got hot and the tread just went POP, AND CAME RIGHT OFF THE TIRE IN THE DRIVEWAY!

I've actually seen that happen twice. Both times the carcasses stayed inflated for a couple days.

I've actually seen that happen twice. Both times the carcasses stayed inflated for a couple days.

I had a left rear blow on my 78 NYB on I-83 on the way to Carlisle a couple years ago. Not fun. Not a shred of the tire left.....the complete bead was literally gone. I kept her under control and moved to the shoulder and put the spare on it safely. I was lucky that it didn't damage the skirt or anything else.

Happens quite often here in the desert heat. In fact in the last week or two I've lost 3 tires on trailers sitting in my yard.

:poke:Never thought about moving to Fuselage Imps, polara71?

Back