For Sale 1977 Chrysler New Yorker 440 V8 $1250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing this Jack Wagon is just selling the engine and transmission and the car is just a Gimme.. no pics of the damn car.. another craigslist moron..

Im guessing this Jack Wagon is just selling the engine and transmission and the car is just a Gimme.. no pics of the damn car.. another craigslist moron..
Actually, he has several ads for parts on CL and here... he's a member. I hope he manages to sell the engine and I can get the rest for my suspension parts and patch panel desires.

I know this one will have rust in the usual places, but it would be nice to have similar steel to fabricate the patches.

This is the jackwagon FCBO member checking in. First I would like to thank our beloved Mr. Amato. He is a precious asset to this forum. He never complains about why a particular C Body is being removed from life support. And if someone jumps to conclusions reguarding motives he never utters an angry word. I respect Paul because he loves the world of C Bodys.
And cantflip has become a valuable asset to me also. He has tons of info on the world of formals. And I do hope somehow he winds up with the shell.
This car unfortunately was exposed to 40 years of life about a mile inland of the Atlantic Ocean and the salty environment has claimed yet another victim. Not to mention a short stint with a reckless teenager that after all the stacks of cash that his father put into the car to make it somewhat safe decided because his girlfriend refused to ride in it to go on a rampage in the woods and take what was left of its dignity.
So after going way to long with this reply I would end with .....
Let's not dive right into the judgement pool on other members until we fully understand the reasons in which they are making their choices.

Wasn't my intent to offend a FCBO member or none, mere frustration with CL posts with limited info and pictures.. when I opens the CL post it only showed (4) pictures of the engine and no other pics, the write up was limited as well, that's where my post came from. Since Reopening the CL post! I stand corrected!! The post now shows (2) pictures of the car along with (7) pictures of the engine and a detailed write up.. hope we can chalk it up to my premature texting.

This is the jackwagon FCBO member checking in. First I would like to thank our beloved Mr. Amato. He is a precious asset to this forum. He never complains about why a particular C Body is being removed from life support. And if someone jumps to conclusions reguarding motives he never utters an angry word. I respect Paul because he loves the world of C Bodys.
And cantflip has become a valuable asset to me also. He has tons of info on the world of formals. And I do hope somehow he winds up with the shell.
This car unfortunately was exposed to 40 years of life about a mile inland of the Atlantic Ocean and the salty environment has claimed yet another victim. Not to mention a short stint with a reckless teenager that after all the stacks of cash that his father put into the car to make it somewhat safe decided because his girlfriend refused to ride in it to go on a rampage in the woods and take what was left of its dignity.
So after going way to long with this reply I would end with .....
Let's not dive right into the judgement pool on other members until we fully understand the reasons in which they are making their choices.
Pm sent.

The background story simply confirms another example of a C Body not getting any respect. The end result in always the same... "THIS MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION CAN GO RIGHT IN YOUR PROJECT". Can't complain because coincidentally my 68 Monaco 500 has the 440/727 transplanted from a 77 NYer. In my case it was a punk running from the cops totalling the car in a ditch.

LandYacht It takes a special person to get on a forum like this and apologize. Thank u for taking the time to do that.
I was involved in a bad wreck in my work truck in 2015 and 3 days later I was fired from my job of 24 years even though I was not at fault. My Doctors tell me get up out of that bed and move around or I'm not going to be around long. So I struggle outside and try to accomplish something on the 14 Mopar's in my back yard everyday. The guy I bought that car from unfortunately put a lot of money in a car that had seen better days. I have a 68 300 Convertible thats been waiting for a drivetrain. It would have been a great spot for the 440. But living on a little disability check forced me to put it up for sale. Anyhow we all have our problems.
Just to close this out the state of Florida enacted this thing called a CD a few years back. Certificate of Destruction. Once a vehicle has been issued one of these it's almost impossible to reverse. If someone try's to undo it it can get very expensive and they make u trace the paperwork back to whatever towing company hauled it to the salvage yard and most of the time they won't help. I've seen many nice clean Mopar's meet their fate because of it.
Anyway no hard feelings. Thanks

LandYacht It takes a special person to get on a forum like this and apologize. Thank u for taking the time to do that.
I was involved in a bad wreck in my work truck in 2015 and 3 days later I was fired from my job of 24 years even though I was not at fault. My Doctors tell me get up out of that bed and move around or I'm not going to be around long. So I struggle outside and try to accomplish something on the 14 Mopar's in my back yard everyday. The guy I bought that car from unfortunately put a lot of money in a car that had seen better days. I have a 68 300 Convertible thats been waiting for a drivetrain. It would have been a great spot for the 440. But living on a little disability check forced me to put it up for sale. Anyhow we all have our problems.
Just to close this out the state of Florida enacted this thing called a CD a few years back. Certificate of Destruction. Once a vehicle has been issued one of these it's almost impossible to reverse. If someone try's to undo it it can get very expensive and they make u trace the paperwork back to whatever towing company hauled it to the salvage yard and most of the time they won't help. I've seen many nice clean Mopar's meet their fate because of it.
FL sucks... IDK if it's worse elsewhere, but for the everyman to deal with title issues is awful. What truly compounds the problem, to my knowledge FL has never required the seller to be present for the title transfer... so scumbags who won't pay $12 in sales tax and a title fee held open titles until they were lost or the seller's were deceased... then it can get really interesting.

No worries brother.. thanks you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back