NOT MINE 1977 Gran Fury Low Miles B.A.T.

nice.

im an "R/B" guy in these cars, and not a buyer here, but i like it a lot.

1977_plymouth_fury_img_4547-1-59090.jpg
1977_plymouth_fury_img_4555-3-59113.jpg
1977_plymouth_fury_img_4473-4-31649.jpg
1977_plymouth_fury_img_4502-5-59276.jpg

Last edited:
Somewhat abnormal to see a late 70s car without AC.

Nice car. Hope it finds a home. My prediction is around 6k.

I like it ! No A/C or power options is a plus . As is the 360 since they didnt have lean burn . Interesting that they opted for an AM/FM 8 track but nothing else . Wouldnt surprise me if it had 3.23s and a suregrip . Probably ordered by a tech at a dealership that wanted a trouble free car with optimal mileage .

Nice looking, but I personally don't like these with the vent windows. Let's hope the next owner doesn't have a spare Monaco front clip laying around.

Those wing windows ARE the A/C …. Love em ! I seldom use the A/C on my cars. I love having the windows open.

I also prefer the minimal approach as embodied in this car.

I was messing around cleaning up some bookmarks and saw this BaT one and knew it was ending soon... whoa-la I cought it in the last 5 minutes.

01-05-24.No Reserve 1977 Plymouth Gran Fury Brougham 4dr BaT Auctions.WINNING.BID.bringatraile...jpg

I had already gone through the stupid mostly cheerleading and unnecessary comments earlier in the week but this new one I can have a (maybe) answer too. @9am today "A 10k mile car that has been stored inside should have a much cleaner engine compartment. Just an observation."
Welp I thought that too, BUT I've seen this on cars way back then, the car has some kind of added rust proofing, I can't remember the name, those aren't Ziebart plugs some other unbranded/fly by night(?), some sort of like cosmoline type spray that seems to have been sprayed everywhere in the engine compartment. Now I like cosmoline for a rust/corrosion preventative and used it for many years winter storing my motorcycles, but I've had to work on vehicle's that have been sprayed up with this stuff and it gets all over you, plus all the road dust sticks to it and adds to the grimy'nest which is what I see here. This company that did this... Rust'r something (edit) I just googled it... Rusty Jones was the name IIRC, goes hog wild as the cosmoline sprays on rather clear and doesn't pick up the brown color until many coats have been applied, but it's still tacky and everything dirt/dust wise will stick and accumulate over time. The big thing I remember with their product was that it was 'Self Healing' as in if it get's a scratch it will melt and cover up the scratch (or something like that) just a pitch IMHO.
I hated working on anything that was sprayed up with that crap.
Nice car, well kept by someone but I don't believe the 10k miles, more like 110k. I'm surprised nobody mentioned or asked why the car had snow tires on the back (odd).

Back