NOT MINE 1977 Monaco 440

DCMC

Reaction score
I don't know how to post links but it's in Augusta Maine and I thought the sooner the better for anyone intrested.

Screenshot_20240509-122615_Chrome.jpg

1977 Dodge royal monaco brougham - with diplomat pkg.

Seller's description​

Only 2,742 Brougham Hardtops were produced in 1977, so these don't come up that often. Has the 440, come with the High Altitude Emission Package and Diplomat Package. Spent it's life in California and Georgia, now located in Maine. Runs and drives very nice. Interior re-upholstered. Includes the Luxury Package too. Also has Mopar Rally Road Wheels. Shows 35000 miles but I'm guessing it's 135000. I've owned it about 12 years now and have enjoyed taking it to events. It's not a powerful car being from California, but it could be made to go much faster

IMHO, the price is a tad high, but I think if it's really a California/Georgia car and solid, it's a decent car. I didn't have the sound on for the video, but I notice a bullseye chip in the windshield.

i am not on faceplant anymore. for posterity.

1977 Dodge Royal Moanco Brougham Hardtop Coupe for sale by owner - Augusta, ME - craigslist

I've owned this car for about 10 years. Love her a lot. Has a California Emission version 440 V8. (This car was NEVER equipped with Lean Burn). This is the rare Diplomat Package 2 door Hardtop. I'm moving and must sell. I have a Wagon too that I plan on keeping. Drivers seat and top half of back seat were reupholstered with the factory fabric. New Padded Dash, no cracks. LOTS OF PATINA!

Comes with a Bill of Sale, Maine Proof of Ownership Registration Letter and a Transferable Registration.

Power windows, AC not working, Cruise control, Tilt Steering Wheel, 8 track Tape Player. The drivers window has come off the track, will try to get it back on the track before the sale. Automatic Transmission was rebuilt a couple years ago. It has power seats that aren't working, not sure the issue. The seat just happens to be in a good position for me and I'm 6 ft 2 inches.

1715281187403.png
1715281706177.png
1715281269903.png
1715281292839.png
1715281338330.png
1715281252564.png
1715281308145.png
1715281530514.png
1715281207634.png
1715281225542.png

Last edited:
not on faceplant anymore. for posterity.

1977 Dodge Royal Moanco Brougham Hardtop Coupe for sale by owner - Augusta, ME - craigslist

I've owned this car for about 10 years. Love her a lot. Has a California Emission version 440 V8. (This car was NEVER equipped with Lean Burn). This is the rare Diplomat Package 2 door Hardtop. I'm moving and must sell. I have a Wagon too that I plan on keeping. Drivers seat and top half of back seat were reupholstered with the factory fabric. New Padded Dash, no cracks. LOTS OF PATINA!

Comes with a Bill of Sale, Maine Proof of Ownership Registration Letter and a Transferable Registration.

Power windows, AC not working, Cruise control, Tilt Steering Wheel, 8 track Tape Player. The drivers window has come off the track, will try to get it back on the track before the sale. Automatic Transmission was rebuilt a couple years ago. It has power seats that aren't working, not sure the issue. The seat just happens to be in a good position for me and I'm 6 ft 2 inches.

View attachment 660040View attachment 660051View attachment 660044View attachment 660045View attachment 660047View attachment 660043View attachment 660046View attachment 660048View attachment 660041View attachment 660042
The FB ad still comes up for me. Says it's been on there for 45 weeks!!!

The FB ad still comes up for me. Says it's been on there for 45 weeks!!!
i am sure ad is still there on FB.

sorry for confusion ... i meant I no longer am on that site anymore. subject for a different rant/thread on ills of social media :poke:.

suggests some sort of mis-match between seller & potential buyer expectations (e.g., price, condition, location, marketing, ... something).

i am not a player here, but she feels a little "tall" on the ask. hope it finds a good home.

Last edited:
What's the cost of stripping and redoing the crap clear coat re-paint?

Plus 5 mph front bumper is pushed in on drivers side.

Jaaaazusss this gets worse the more you look at it. Missing rear glass lower trim, and... I take it that this had the padded vinyl top that has now been stripped away and maybe some rot on the lower right side(?). This car is a desert rescue via all the desert dust in the A/C vents and engine compartment, first thing that should of been done before any work was performed was to give it a good bath. Via FB video it has a NOS dash pad that looks like it's been dyed and is chipping in places. The reupholster, new carpet & dashpad I'll bet cost some $$$$$ but the outside would be a embarrassment to take to a car show, I'd hate to see what the underside looks like with the crappy sounding exhaust.

Missing.Trim.&.Vinyl.jpg

On a positive note... definitely won't see this one on BaT...
(edit) Oh yea I forgot, if the Road Wheels are *MINT* that's gotta be worth a grand...

:rofl:

Back