drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 42571
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: coupe

The Magnum is equipped with a 360 904 and 8-1/4 rear. The options are AC, PW, PDL, PS, console and sporting original forged road wheels. All power accessories work and car runs and drives excellent. If you’re looking for a rare late 70s muscle car this is very unique driver. Some of the aftermarket updates are lean burn conversion with edlebrock intake and Holley 600cfm carb and dual flowmaster exhaust. Recent work are 4 new cooper cobra tires and professionally built transmission and converter.

The car has an older paint job that cleans up nice. There is some rust starting to show in some areas. The undercarriage is in very good condition as well as the floors.

Please reach out if you would like to view or have any other questions.

Keywords: Mopar bbody b body b-body Charger Cordoba diplomat Monaco aspen dodge Chrysler Plymouth

Probably would not consider this to be a muscle car. It does look nice, but with some rust showing it is probably overpriced at $5.2k. Something closer to $2.5k-$3.5k should probably be more realistic to buy it.

Dave

I aint the thread police and not dissin OP. maybe a mod could move to the Non-C body or General Forum??.:)

Anyway, for posterity. 1978 Magnum She's in "Bahston"

As these cars go, this is a pretty good specimen. pics may not good enough to justify the price (where's the rust, fender tag).. but while I think over 5K is a bit tall, a lover of this generation Magnum may have a lot to like here (color, options, 10ft condition, E58(?), etc_.

about as 'muscular" as it got in late 70's, with biggest V8 in a B (ceptin the big block cop B's) you could get.

I like it .. not a buyer but hope it finds a good home.

Capture 82.png
Capture 91.png
Capture 85.png
Capture 86.png
Capture 72.PNG
Capture 80.png

Capture 74.png

Probably would not consider this to be a muscle car.

I would have to agree, in showroom spec anyhow. By 1978 they were already using nostalgia for the muscle car era to sell new cars. At least these cars still had potential if you wanted to rework the drivetrain.

I do think these look pretty cool for their era. I'm surprised to see one today where the headlight covers aren't fogged-up or yellowed.

186bf15458d189e57e5184f649354ffb.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if those trim rings are the same as the 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT?

I've always liked them. It would steer and stop better than the older cars, definitely something to look at if you wanted a father child project

I would have to agree, in showroom spec anyhow. By 1978 they were already using nostalgia for the muscle car era to sell new cars. At least these cars still had potential if you wanted to rework the drivetrain.

I do think these look pretty cool for their era. I'm surprised to see one today where the headlight covers aren't fogged-up or yellowed.

In comparison to today, they would be using the nostalgia of a car they were still building.
Over a decade of the same car. It seems that was a practice for utility vehicles.
I guess they have been using the nostalgia of the 70 E body to sell the same damn car for 12 years.

I wish they would have built the 68-72 cars into the eighties! I'd have all by favorites.

Had the "muscle" look, fwiw. Most probably had either the 318 2bbl or 360 2bbl, I suspect. But there were also some 360-4bbls, too, even if they were for specific non-Federal-emissions areas (CA or CO). The 400HO was still around, too. 440s only in the police B-bodies, though.

Most "muscle" would be a 400HO (full dual exhaust!) with a 3.21 rear axle ratio. With the Magnum GT 15x7 special paint steel wheels. Can't forget the factory SlapStick automatic shifter! OR the available HD suspension w/rear sway bar! Just had to KNOW what to order and the option codes to get something NEAT, back then.

Knowing how things were back then can put things into a better perspective!

CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back