SOLD 1978 New Yorker Salon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just made my day!

Apart from police cars, fender tags for formal Plymouths are hard to come by.

glad to help out. my Formals were/are almost exclusively police cars. I had one other ... a 1975 RMB .. that i can send you fender tag later if you want (car was sold long ago and left the country)?

img_3858-1-jpg.jpg
IMG_3843 (1).jpg

IMG_2916 (3).jpg

Last edited:
kip did an amazing job swapping out the interior from gray velour to red leather, im sure i would have got frustrated early into it and begun busting things before giving up !
and national moparts did an incredible job installing the sunroof roof.
interesting to note that it must have been a US car originally since it has the lower front bumper rub strips that canadian market cars didnt get.
you have a beautifully done, and knowing kip, a well sorted car !

kip did an amazing job swapping out the interior from gray velour to red leather, im sure i would have got frustrated early into it and begun busting things before giving up !
interesting to note that it must have been a US car originally since it has the lower front bumper rub strips that canadian market cars didnt get.

Thank you marko

Kip gave me the rundown on all he did, including origin (Califormia) of the car before he bought it.

I happened to like to red leather best on these cars. another member and i have been swapping notes on this one he has the original complete interior.

Purists wanting 100% original will look the other way .. and I am fine and respect that view.

Me? its a cliche, but I like what I like.

And Kip's is a straight shootin', highly skilled guy .. been excellent to work with. Now I gotta navigate the Federales to get her home :)

yeah, i dont mind adding/improving things either.
the 2 other sunroof salons i had both had dove gray leather and it could look dirty sometimes even when not, especially the carpet !
did kip show you pics of his fifth ave ?

yeah, i dont mind adding/improving things either.
the 2 other sunroof salons i had both had dove gray leather and it could look dirty sometimes even when not, especially the carpet !
did kip show you pics of his fifth ave ?

no he didnt ... i gotta ask him about his 5th Ave. thx!

And lovin every minute of it... :lol:

Nice score, but I'm sorry to see Kip leave the fold of Formal owners. I have never wanted a Plymouth Formal more... And that Salon is a fitting end of the line to the 74's I love.

We really need the "you suck" smiley, again...:thumbsup:
Sorry to leave too but all good things come to an end.

2.52 or 2.54 ... something like that (left my notes at work) in final drive.

Dodge 3-Speed Auto - Gearvendors

View attachment 304204
Thanks Mark. You memory is correct, I got the car in 2007 from Tom Woodcock in California. He couldn’t sell it on eBay and I knew of it from NewYorkerOnline and bought it over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back