1978 NYB, 392 MILES,For the sceptics.

78 nyb,392 miles. built 6 78. last 4 of the vin,3615

You need to make your mind on the VIN, Seller! In your ad you state the VIN last four as 2098, then in your latest post, you state it as 3615. Can't be both. Post a pic (or text it to one of us who can!) of the door jamb decal, dash VIN and the fender tag. You as the seller, need to be able to back up your claims. Might be the last? We have the real means to determine that. We are THE C-body guys!

In the interest of seeing what this car's history is, I will message you my phone number. Please understand that I have no interest in buying the car, but would love to help someone that wants the car.

Not true, Richard. There are production figures and known VIN s from the final month of production. I sent you my cell#

impala popcorn.gif

Ok, kids, Richard sent me pics of the fender tag and door sticker. The tag shows a SBD.of June 26, and a weird SO number of DT1760. The VIN is 183615. The MDH on the door shows 061413.

Ok, this is pretty damn close to the end! The "Last C-body thread" shows a tan car with a vin if 183499. This one has that beat!

Ok, kids, Richard sent me pics of the fender tag and door sticker. The tag shows a SBD.of June 26, and a weird SO number of DT1760. The VIN is 183615. The MDH on the door shows 061413.

Ok, this is pretty damn close to the end! The "Last C-body thread" shows a tan car with a vin if 183499. This one has that beat!

No, the last one built was 183514. We do not know where 183514 is, or if it still exists. But we do know 183499, the 15th from the last C body built, does.

The Scheduled Build Date on 183499 is probably the last day of C body production so if we can check the body tag on it we can determine the Scheduled Build Date. And knowing the Scheduled Build Date on 183499 would give us the last day of production for the C body.
@Bill Watson

Richard, you may or may not have the last car built, but you certainly have the last one known to exist; an important distinction.

Amazing!

The last VIN we thought was 183514 and this car is 183615.

This car is 101 cars past the last VIN we thought was the last.

Maybe this isn't the last car produced either???

Amazing!

The last VIN we thought was 183514 and this car is 183615.

Maybe this isn't the last car produced either???
It's making me wonder if it being the last car is why it was preserved at this low mileage.

Why does a 392 mile car have an Imperial hood ornament????

Did Mopar run out of Chrysler hood ornaments?

:poke:

It's making me wonder if it being the last car is why it was preserved at this low mileage.

We definitely don't know if this was the last actual car produced.

This is the last "known" car that we are aware of.

Back