1978 NYB, 392 MILES,For the sceptics.

The thing the that bugs me most, is that he's using this forums' name, as if we endorse his ludicrous asking price when we clearly do not. Therefore i have to agree with Doc with all do respect to Emily.

Here's a couple more pics I found in an email he sent me... I didn't catch them before...
20190209_193419.jpg
20190209_193430.jpg

For a mere $14k OBO, a fella could travel to Sebring Florida this March, enjoy a 12 hour LeMans race, and take home the worlds most DEBUGGED 1976 NYB. I have personally inspected, drooled on near, and will vouch for the condition this car has been kept in. She has never been neglected, but has evolved into what she has become with regular loving use, garage protection throughout her life, and the love of an owner (both of them) who has always insisted that she be kept ready to go at the turn of her key.
I need for everyone to totally disregard that $14k figure.
The $14k was used only initially to...
1.... follow past advice from many to "Shoot for the moon and see what happens."
2.... try to understand why it seems every NYB is listed in the teens.

Well, we have found out. That 14k figure sticks in people's minds forever and potential buyers immediately scratch it off their list.
Here's something that should wake you all up. In the six months, I only received one offer of 10k and it was from Australia but I didn't want to deal with the new OZ import regulations. Luckily, this was not an urgent sell and allowed me to intake 6 months of responses and become comfortable of the realistic Fair Market Value.

$7,500.00 ($9,000.00 if you are a Troll). Do NOT make me an offer. That is the selling price. It' will not go down below that until the executer of my estate says so. If interested do it with a PM only.

Carmine understands. And no, I didn't ask Jeff to plug the car. That came out of the blue.
And, most of all, I do not want to sound like "P. T. Barnum" Dan. Sorry if I do.

As far as the 400 mile one goes, it's mileage makes it as useless as an "anytime" car therefore I would never buy it. In a way it's worthless to a real NYB aficionado. It's a Trophy Car and nobody buys an NYB as a trophy except to flip it.

Last edited:
1.... follow past advice from many to "Shoot for the moon and see what happens."

Well, we have found out. That 14k figure sticks in people's minds forever and potential buyers immediately scratch it off their list.
Here's something that should wake you all up. In the six months, I only received one offer of 10k and it was from Australia but I didn't want to deal with the new OZ import regulations. Luckily, this was not an urgent sell and allowed me to intake 6 months of responses and become comfortable of the realistic Fair Market Value.

$7,500.00 ($9,000.00 if you are a Troll). Do NOT make me an offer. That is the selling price. It' will not go down below that until the executer of my estate says so. If interested do it with a PM only.

Carmine understands. And no, I didn't ask Jeff to plug the car. That came out of the blue.
And, most of all, I do not want to sound like "P. T. Barnum" Dan. Sorry if I do.

As far as the 400 mile one goes, it's mileage makes it as useless as an "anytime" car therefore I would never buy it. In a way it's worthless to a real NYB aficionado. It's a Trophy Car and nobody buys an NYB as a trophy except to flip it.

How about a trade?

LOL. I'm just kidding.

:poke:

Besides, if I did buy yours....I wouldn't have anything to do on it.

If someone wanted to buy a Formal that needed nothing. Yours would be the smart buy!!!

I agree, I'm not buying any car that wasn't a driver. I dont want a trophy car to look at or trailer around.

Only race cars need to be trailered.

You guys can bash me,and my car,all you want. pics are there,for you,the " experts" to decipher. any one who thinks this car has been painted,or touched up,or restriped,is welcome to come visualize this car,and then make your conclusion. as far as the door alignment goes, I never changed my mind about it,I just didnt see what he meant,at first,so,I think the letters F.O. , are the appropriate reply to that. there have been a few things that needed attention after such a long slumber,and they have been addressed. I dont care if you would drive it,or if you would crush it,and your opinions are becoming less important to me by the second. i will stand by this car as what I said it is,until proven otherwise. I have heard enough about what it isnt,how useless it is,or how much better of a deal you can get elsewhere. Thanks for your help,but I guess I should have looked elsewhere.

For prosterity.
by the folks who know these cars best, the FCBO,or for c bodies only forum. Those guys know these cars intimately,

You guys can bash me,and my car,all you want. pics are there,for you,the " experts" to decipher. any one who thinks this car has been painted,or touched up,or restriped,is welcome to come visualize this car,and then make your conclusion. as far as the door alignment goes, I never changed my mind about it,I just didnt see what he meant,at first,so,I think the letters F.O. , are the appropriate reply to that. there have been a few things that needed attention after such a long slumber,and they have been addressed. I dont care if you would drive it,or if you would crush it,and your opinions are becoming less important to me by the second. i will stand by this car as what I said it is,until proven otherwise. I have heard enough about what it isnt,how useless it is,or how much better of a deal you can get elsewhere. Thanks for your help,but I guess I should have looked elsewhere.

You might want to delete your FCBO reference, now.
4.gif

Last edited:
So the passenger side fender is really "factory misalgned"?

And "this car has been confirmed as THE LAST ONE BUILT"? By whom, if I may ask?

So, your asking price jumped from 25K to 50K in less than a week...wonder why our immaterial opinions made you think the value would double? and so quickly?

So the passenger side fender is really "factory misalgned"?

And "this car has been confirmed as THE LAST ONE BUILT"? By whom, if I may ask?

Hell no it's not confirmed as the last one built!

And as a joke.....the guys on the assembly line clearly put the stripes on the car in the wrong location on purpose. And the good folks on the assembly line also dug up a 1974/1975 Imperial hood ornament on June 20th, 1978 and mounted it on the wrong trim mount! That's brilliant!!!!

If you want to sell a 50K NYB...shovel the da#n driveway...park the car on dry concrete in the daylight and shoot no less than 50 close ups/side shots and a couple videos running and be done with it. Geezus.

...the guys on the assembly line clearly put the stripes on the car in the wrong location on purpose. And the good folks on the assembly line also dug up a 1974/1975 Imperial hood ornament on June 20th, 1978 and mounted it on the wrong trim mount! That's brilliant!!!!

Actually they did all that on June 14th (see post #43), which makes it much more plausible!

The burden of proof lies with you. You have no documentation, only speculation. To say that FCBO validated your car as the last C Body built shows exactly what you are doing. You made your intentions obvious by doubling the price a week after you joined. I own the rarest C Body there is, built on the Moon by Fairies and Gnomes, now you prove otherwise and look in the mirror while you are doing it. I'm through with this nonsense.

"This car was ordered directly from Chrysler Corp.,in Manhattan"

Big Whoop! They all had to be ordered from Chrysler Corp.... and, from somewhere! Manhattan is no better than a dealer in Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas. Probably worse actually.

I hope he likes this car... because at $50k He'll be keeping a long, long time!

Let us know when you are ready to sell it for $7500. Probably still twice what you got if for at the estate sale....

Do I have to pull down my:bs_flag:flag or let 'er fly!!!:rofl:

Really Richard? $50k only why not $100k?

Is that the number you tell your wife so you can keep it?

Similar cars have been bid up to $18k recently. You were already at the top of the mark at $25k asking.

I think, perhaps, you may have worn out your welcome here.

Back