1978 NYB, 392 MILES,For the sceptics.

If I owned it I would drive it on fair weather days.
Then what good is it?
I agree. Buying it at 25 grand leaves you garage queen because the only outstanding feature is the mileage. I, and just about most of us here, won't pay a super premium and not be a driver.

Getting all the details from the buyer is like pulling teeth.

Like I said earlier, I hope he gets it.

Then what good is it?
I agree. Buying it at 25 grand leaves you garage queen because the only outstanding feature is the mileage. I, and just about most of us here, won't pay a super premium and not be a driver.

Getting all the details from the buyer is like pulling teeth.

Like I said earlier, I hope he gets it.

In the end....its still a car. I'll drive it.

If it was a 1 of 1 1968 Hemi RR.......I would drive it too.

On a long, rainy, trip?
Really? Be truthful. We say it but in reality...

I drove a 69 Super Bee and a 73 Challenger in the snow and salt for years.

I wouldn't drive this 78 in the snow and salt but would definitely drive it on fair weather days. No big deal if it got caught in the rain.

Even though this is a very nice car....I wouldn't spend anywhere near $25k for it.

I can find a low mileage rust free car out west for $8k-$9k and be just as happy.

Or I can keep mine. It has 400 miles on the new paint, vinyl and engine. It runs very good!

I drove a 69 Super Bee and a 73 Challenger in the snow and salt for years.

I wouldn't drive this 78 in the snow and salt but would definitely drive it on fair weather days. No big deal if it got caught in the rain.

Even though this is a very nice car....I wouldn't spend anywhere near $25k for it.

I can find a low mileage rust free car out west for $8k-$9k and be just as happy.

Or I can keep mine. It has 400 miles on the new paint, vinyl and engine. It runs very good!

But if it rains you’ll get maybe a couple of wipes before the bushing disintegrated. Remember.... it’s a ‘78....

J

But if it rains you’ll get maybe a couple of wipes before the bushing disintegrated. Remember.... it’s a ‘78....

J

What's funny is that I owned my '78 NYBS for nearly eight years, and never had a problem with the wiper bushing. The gentleman who bought the car from me had no issues, either. The guy that bought it from him had the wipers quit the second he turned them on in his first rain with it. He deserved that, as he's not the best of people...Karma and all that!

I agree. The high value is due to the extremely low mileage. However if I spent that much I would want/have to keep in garaged for good. Blah...

I would really drive the car and as the mileage went up the value would go down making me an idiot for spending that much on the car and losing money on it in a manner similar to new car depreciation.

I kinda get where a showroom new uber desirable car gets a $$ boost from low mileage... I personally think the rest is mostly uninformed folks thinking they have something to cash in on. A person who can't understand or quote all the driveline components by number at least understands the odometer.

I'm sure there's an *** for that seat, but it's going to be tough to find it...

I would never buy a car and just let it sit. That's not me. If I own it I'm driving it. I would even consider buying a Drag Pak car....but I would take it to the dragstrips around the mid-Atlantic and pound it down the 1/4 mile.

I kinda get where a showroom new uber desirable car gets a $$ boost from low mileage... I personally think the rest is mostly uninformed folks thinking they have something to cash in on. A person who can't understand or quote all the driveline components by number at least understands the odometer.

I'm sure there's an *** for that seat, but it's going to be tough to find it...

It's possible a car collector or someone like Gesswein or Lakeland might try to offer cash on the cheap and then let it sit out on the lot for decades.

I wonder how much the production sequence # plays into this beauty's value? If the odometer was say 60K and had a little more normal wear and tear...how much would the value drop if everyone believes it's the last one known to exist close to the last production day for that model and year? I think I would drive it considerably more...But, there still is that production # factor...:confused:

400 miles? The build sheet HAS to be still there.

I would say there's a good chance more than 1 build sheet can be found in this car. I found 2 complete build sheets and 1 partial sheet in my NYB.

Well, pulling the back seat obviously will answer some questions.

I found one behind the back seat. Another in the driver seat back and a partial on under the dash pad on the passenger side. My NYB was built in Feb 1978.

J
Bob wouldn't care...he's cracked the code on the 78 C body bushing. I used his repair on my brothers 78 NYB...works like a champ!

Back