1979 Chrysler New Yorker

The last time I checked my '59 Imperial got 14 m.p.g. going to a car show. I don't remember what the '70 Fury Pursuit gets for m.p.g.

I know a few guys that still have Lean Burn that works and they get decent gas mileage too.

Yes, the second owner added that and the St Regis aluminum trim outside between front and rear door glass. And also the Ahooga horn under the hood. I don't like the exhaust tips and trying to decide what to do with that issue.

That bad boy wants some 68'-70' chrome RR tips poking out back there, lol.

The wife secretly pumps it over in her RX 8. :)

why would that be? I had one get about 4 but that was with 3:73's and a hungry 440

Lean Burn still hooked up? I had to get rid of Thermoquad, Lean Burn, cat and single exhaust and I doubled my gas mileage.

Do you still have a Thermoquad on it?

Yes. Had the TQ restored (not rebuilt) by Scott Smith of Harms Automotive. I then spent several months taking it apart and putting it back together about a dozen times dialing it in perfectly. I attribute the 5 mpg to the fact that 75% of my trips in it are under 5 miles and 99% under 10.
It idles more than it's moving.

< Sent from my tablet >

Lean Burn still hooked up? I had to get rid of Thermoquad, Lean Burn, cat and single exhaust and I doubled my gas mileage.

One of the earliest production 76's and the 440 didn't come with LB. There's some strange idiosyncracies with that car.

< Sent from my tablet >

Living the life most of them did

How true. How true. I don't think that car went over 45 mph until I got it. I can't see this car ever hitting another 10k miles in my lifetime over the 75 it has on it now.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
Stand by generator and human ice box. :)

Most didnt, no offense most of those were a retired persons car

It's not an insult. That's what they were and that's what they still are.
I was an abnormally to prefer C-bodies at such a young age.

< Sent from my tablet >

I've had my NYB since late 2010 and put 8,000 miles on it so far. I'm taking it to Wisconsin in a couple of months.

Road trip! bet your looking forward to that.

I'm excited...........I'll probably take the center lane going through the mountains just to be on the cautious side. All the crazy, dangerous sh*t I've done in my life and I'm going to be cautious going through a couple of mountains!!!! LOL!!!

Back