For Sale 1980 New Yorker in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
A dealer that has viewed way too many Mecum and B-J auctions has high hopes for this one, priced more than when these were new! That steering wheel face sure has a lot of wear for the claimed 14K miles, $14,950. All I can say is - Wow! GLWTS, delusional dealer-boy! Golling Chrysler 248-918-0190

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ctd/5314029397.html

http://gollingchryslerpreownedcars.com/725717-1042

00m0m_4Ng98ag14v9_600x450.jpg

Besides free oil changes the dealer should offer free alcohol and maybe you will get drunk enough to purchase it.

It's freakin' gorgeous, but a $6K car, tops! The "R"-body cars just don't bring any money. And you KNOW that the dealer probably gave the former owner about $1,000 on a trade and claiming "it's not worth very much, that's all I can do for you!"

It's freakin' gorgeous, but a $6K car, tops! The "R"-body cars just don't bring any money. And you KNOW that the dealer probably gave the former owner about $1,000 on a trade and claiming "it's not worth very much, that's all I can do for you!"
If that on paper only.

I'd drive that for six grand. A truly slick one is near impossible to find these days. I was working at a C-P-FIAT dealership when these came out in late '78 for the '79 MY. In college, I loved these, for whatever reason! A very beautiful car. Wrong time, wrong era for it, though.

The dealer paid less than 2 grand for that car.. I know the previous owner.. I was offered the car first.. But couldn't come up with the money as usual..

The dealer paid less than 2 grand for that car.. I know the previous owner.. I was offered the car first.. But couldn't come up with the money as usual..

That's sad, I'm not against anyone making good money but that is thievery. Now it will sit outside a lot this winter and be started a couple of hundred times never getting warm and a lot of the TLC the car has experienced will be for not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back