NOT MINE 1968 Chrysler New Yorker 2Dr HT Black on Bronze 440 Langley BC Hemmings auction $3,300 (3 days left)

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score

Vehicle location: Langley Township, BC Canada V2Z 2S3
VIN CH23K8C295498
Odometer 98,856
Engine 440-cu.in. OHV V8
Transmission Automatic
Exterior Color Turbine Bronze
Interior Sovereign Gold cloth
Seller Dealer
Auction Type No reserve

This 1968 Chrysler New Yorker Two-Door Hardtop Coupe, for sale at no reserve, is described by the selling dealer as “an original survivor that is rust free and has always been garage kept.” The 1968 New Yorker was powered by Chrysler’s big-block 440-cu.in. V8, and included power steering, power brakes, power windows, and power door locks all standard. According to the dealer, everything except the radio and gas gauge works on this fully stock example, finished in Turbine Bronze with Sovereign Gold cloth seats and a black vinyl top.

(Seems to be a no-A/C car, but something is mounted in front of the rad - ?)

130869225.jpg

130869273.jpg

img-9352.jpg

img-9350_002.jpg

130869383.jpg

Current Bid $4,000
Reserve met
Time Left 2 days 5 hours
Est. End Date Monday, Nov 27th, 4:00pm EST
Number of Bids 9
Watching 216

Unusual color combo but the basic bench H2T gold guts is correct with turbine bronze.
This car may had been ordered this way, fender tag will verify if it was or not.
Has the Basic Radio Group as listed below.
Has vacuum operated trunk release ($16.43 based on the slave can and lines running right inner fender.
Right hand outside mirror was a $7.95 option in Canada for 1968.
Door locks ($50.85) were optional even on the 68.
Rear defogger $27.55
Nice clean and simple example of a 68 NYer fastop.

pg 6.jpg

69_Chrysler_Models_features0054.jpg

Last edited:
68newyorker.jpg

CH23K8C295498

68newyorkervin.jpg

The vin is photographed through the windshield? Was the VIN put on the dashboard in 1968?

Some say (as I read this just now) the dash wasn't technically official until 1981, but that a lot had put it on the dash starting in 68 anyways (and also that '68 was the first year that a car had to have a VIN). Also, maybe '81 was the year the VIN was standardized to 17 digits (no standard before then). I just didn't think or know that Chrysler put the vin on the dash as early as '68. A lot seemed to change in '68.

Last edited:
. A lot seemed to change in '68.
Indeed.
Collapsable steering columns, extra padding on dashes and horn buttons, collapsable seat backs , sidemarker lamps.
Satin finish on wiper arms and blades to reduce glare.
No more chrome garnish trim inside around the windshield.
And the start of cleaner air emissions.
I'm sure I forgotten other mandated items , so I mentioned the ones I remember.

Very sad that this car went for only $7100 (+ $500 for Hemmings). This was a Canadian car, in Canada. Maybe if the car was in the US it would have at least reached $10k ? And even then maybe it matters where in the US?

Very sad that this car went for only $7100 (+ $500 for Hemmings). This was a Canadian car, in Canada. Maybe if the car was in the US it would have at least reached $10k ? And even then maybe it matters where in the US?

I think it was lack of exposure.

Apparently this (US) car got over a K more, 1.5 years ago:

This '69 New Yorker, also in BC, was asking $15k, no idea how that turned out:

Probably the '69 and expecially '70 to what, '73 are going to be the most sought-after C Bodies at this point? Slabs are going to fade...

Car was on CL too, but only saw it yesterday and expect seller would not be able to withdraw from auction. $10k was asking price. I would have been interested in buying, but can't do auctions due to all the shipping arrangements. Worth the $7.5k I think...

Anyone thinking of selling a 2 dr 1965 to 1968 in similar or better condition , hit me up by PM

Probably the '69 and expecially '70 to what, '73 are going to be the most sought-after C Bodies at this point? Slabs are going to fade...

as someone who owns a 69 Monaco, a 70 300, a 71 Sport Fury, a 72 New Yorker and a 72 Monaco ( a 73 New Yorker is lurking in the background but officially isnt yet part of the hoard) i would say that the 70 & 71 models are the most desirable, followed by the 72s.
the 69's were supposed to have the front & rear loop bumpers like the 70 models, but production issues meant only the Chryslers got the loop front bumper but had conventional rear bumpers.
Imperials got the front & rear bumpers they were supposed to.
the stop gap fix for the 69 Dodges & Plymouths front & rear ends, while pleasant, just isnt as nice as what was supposed to be in my opinion.
i dont see the evolution in the 73 Chrysler & Plymouth front ends, to me the 73 Chrysler looks too much like a GM product and i dont know what the Plymouth front end looks like.....
love the 72 & 73 New Yorker rear ends tho
but thats just my opinion.
and yes, im the guy with a 69 Monaco 500 convert with a 72/3 Monaco nose blended in so my judgement/opinion is possibly suspect......

DSCF7834.JPG

Back