1987 Shelby GLHS rear brakes

moparalltheway

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a rear caliper. I don’t care if it’s new or used. Maybe other models will fit? Locked up and can’t get free. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks

If you need a rear caliper for a 87 Charger GLHS there is no such thing stock. 86 and 87 GLHS were drum rears.

Last edited:
Maybe other models will fit? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
Check similar year Daytona (Pacifica and Shelby Z). Rear discs were offered and Shelby usually repurposed existing parts if possible. Bad news is rockauto did not even have listings for rear calipers, although they did show some rebuild kits.
Beat up the innernet and see if you can find a local to you shop to rebuild them. Since they seem hard to find I would be afraid to ship them off to parts unknown.

Check similar year Daytona (Pacifica and Shelby Z). Rear discs were offered and Shelby usually repurposed existing parts if possible. Bad news is rockauto did not even have listings for rear calipers, although they did show some rebuild kits.
Beat up the innernet and see if you can find a local to you shop to rebuild them. Since they seem hard to find I would be afraid to ship them off to parts unknown.
I guess I have a rare car then because it is a glhs #339 and it has disc on the rear! Thanks for your help 70 New Yorker

There is also a club for the fwd Shelby cars. They used to be quite strong in membership and possibly might have some leads you can use. There was also a "webring" for "Shelby Dodges and Front Drive Chryslers", too. Should be a lot of information on these cars on the Internet, mostly from the 1990s. How to do repairs, performance tweaks, national meets, etc.

The Shelvy GLHS cars never were even "normal production" compared to the normal Omni cars, but they were certainly not "rare" back then. Just not as plentiful as Corvettes and such. Cherish it for one of the FEW fwd factory hot rods from back then. And, as you probably know, they did GLH and then some, at a time when everybody else considered "performance as we had know it" was sputtering its last breaths.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back