2019 Mopars In The Park MN Where Will It Land?

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
I just heard an early report that the 2019 Mopqrs in the Park Car Show will be held at the Washington County fairgrounds in Lake Elmo. No official announcement, but folks in the know say it will change venues this year. Stay tuned for further updates, feel free to post any info if I havent, when it comes out. Look forward to seeing some familiar faces in an unfamiliar setting!

I just heard an early report that the 2019 Mopqrs in the Park Car Show will be held at the Washington County fairgrounds in Lake Elmo. No official announcement, but folks in the know say it will change venues this year. Stay tuned for further updates, feel free to post any info if I havent, when it comes out. Look forward to seeing some familiar faces in an unfamiliar setting!
Don't know about Mopars in the Park, but Mopars on the Slope is Aug 10th.

Waaaa? What happened with Lakeville? I’m familiar with Washington Co. grounds as I lived in WBL/Forest Lake area but staying in Eagan worked well.

Waaaa? What happened with Lakeville? I’m familiar with Washington Co. grounds as I lived in WBL/Forest Lake area but staying in Eagan worked well.
I heard they were moving in 2020, then today I heard this. Apparently the Dakota county Fair board wanted more money. What an awesome way to ruin a good show. My friend has been saying they should move it to Brainerd International Raceway, then you'd have drag racing as well, and make it a proper National event.

Last edited:
Instead of South of the Cities it is East, between St.Paul, Hudson Wi, and Stillwater. About the same distance for me and @Polara_500 , but further for @LocuMob. Probably a horse a piece for @DocMcNeedy .

Instead of South of the Cities it is East, between St.Paul, Hudson Wi, and Stillwater. About the same distance for me and @Polara_500 , but further for @LocuMob. Probably a horse a piece for @DocMcNeedy .
It's more freeway miles for me, so it won't be so bad. I'll probably still try to find some back roads to cruise, that was part of the fun of driving there, a relaxing countryside run.

I heard they were moving in 2020, then today I heard this. Apparently the Dakota county Fair board wanted more money. What an awesome way to ruin a good show. My friend has been saying they should move it to Brainere International Raceway, then you'd have drag racing as well, and make it a proper National event.

I wish they would move to Brainerd International Raceway. That is only 30 minutes from my house. BIR is a huge area with lots of camping space. There are some backroads to cruise with beautiful scenery around the Brainerd area also.

It's more freeway miles for me, so it won't be so bad. I'll probably still try to find some back roads to cruise, that was part of the fun of driving there, a relaxing countryside run.
Good point. Unless I wanted to go way out of my way my choices are either I94 or Hwy 10. Hwy 10 is mostly 4 lane though as well. 75 mph used to be a good cruising speed on my car back in the day.

Good point. Unless I wanted to go way out of my way my choices are either I94 or Hwy 10. Hwy 10 is mostly 4 lane though as well. 75 mph used to be a good cruising speed on my car back in the day.
I bet it still is. :poke:

I prefer where it has been in the south metro...I'll keep an eye out for the change of venue. It was 20 miles from home...maybe 35 now...not huge difference.

actually 43 miles...not bad.
prior lake elmp map.png

What/where is Mopars on the Slope?
Mopars on the Slope is a VERY casual get together at my cousins farm near Easton MN. Beers, bbq, unsanctioned acceleration events, and a Mopar themed movie on the shed wall after dark. He (my cousin) wants the yard covered in Mopars this year. If you're close stop by.

Mopars on the Slope is a VERY casual get together at my cousins farm near Easton MN. Beers, bbq, unsanctioned acceleration events, and a Mopar themed movie on the shed wall after dark. He (my cousin) wants the yard covered in Mopars this year. If you're close stop by.
That could be fun.
That could be fun.
It is!!

I got confirmation from Renee...one of the organizers via email today...it's definitely moving to Washington Co. because of the Dakota Co. increased expense...just like Scott mentioned. It's supposed to be published in November Midwest Mopar newsletter, too.

Mopars on the Slope sounds great. Keep everyone updated with a reminder come next summer.
John

Back