2021 Carlisle under the Survivors Tent

You do know that car is NOT a survivor car, it has been repainted. A member and friend of mine here knows the owner of the car from various car sites on Facebook and that is what he said
Thank you for setting the record straight. I only talked to the owner on the parking lot of the hotel, and he told me the car was in the survivor tent. Did I misunderstand?

Thank you for setting the record straight. I only talked to the owner on the parking lot of the hotel, and he told me the car was in the survivor tent. Did I misunderstand?

Possibly yes, because they did not have base clear paint in '68 they had single stage and the car was painted in base clear. Also if the car was a survivor car they would not have painted over the chip in the left front fender it would have been touched up

It sounds like maybe he did. People want so much to qualify they degredate the term to justify their being there.

Yeah, they were all asked to keep their cars there until at least 11:00 am Sunday.

I talked with Mr. Major himself who in my opinion is a very nice guy and he said to keep the car there till 12 noon on Sunday, but you can drive it in and out on the weekend and they will save your spot. Interesting though that green 4-door '68 New Yorker was out of his spot on Saturday.

Hoping to have "The Pumpkin" in the tent next year.....
00909_h9oQ4J3PEplz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg
20210709_072043.jpg

Survivor tent was kinda gay I thought. You can't look at the cars that well, roped off like they are zoo creatures. There were a few awesome survivor cars in the show field. That was enough for me.

Agree.
Lack of “political correctness” included. :D
That gorgeous Imperial and Jon’s Cordoba needed to be seen in daylight!

There was a green 1968 NYer 4dr hardtop. I met the owner but did not have a chance to take photos. If anyone has some, it';d be great to post them. Thank you!
I got a chance to talk to him at one point, and I showed him a picture of my car. Apparently, he has owned 5 formal NYBs (1 76, 2 77s, and 2 78s)! Very nice guy with a stunning car

Back