2023 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Do yourself a favor and do all your gas purchasing just before you get to the Pennsylvania state line gasoline cost there are ridiculously high.

I 2nd that and highly suggest doing so :thumbsup:, we fill up in our state down the road from our house then fill up at the PA border in NY. I don't remember the exact prices in PA last year but I think they were $3.50-$4.00 a gallon

What exacltly is the difference between chryslers at carlisle and mopar nationals? I had my Monaco at chryslers at carlisle in '96.

Carlisle is with show classes and no racing on site while the Mopar Nationals is a catch all with no show classes and racing on site. @FURYGT I believe would know better as I think he has been there before a long time ago. Anybody else got anything to add?

Carlisle Events - Event Details

The Nats | The Ultimate Mopar Enthusiast Event

My stepdad and I will be going as usual this year with a hotel already booked but most likely with,.......a B-body. No we're NOT getting out of the C-body hobby or leaving the C-body class for good, but maybe just for this year. My stepdad bought his dream car from Canada back in November of last year as he had one long ago, a '69 Charger 383 in T5 Copper with tan top and the previous owners of the car are making their first ever trip to Carlisle this year and we thought it would be appropriate to bring the car. That is UNLESS we get selected to be in the featured building display with either the blue '68 Sport Fury or the big beige '73 custom suburban wagon, but that still has to be determined because they have not gotten in touch with me yet to be invited.

We will be leaving Wednesday morning like last year and getting to the grounds in the afternoon, probably around 3:30 as a rough estimate because we normally leave our house at 7. We will be leaving Sunday late morning early afternoon.

If I were you I would not run the turnpike. Run I-80 to eat off Clearfield, exit on to 970, run that to 322. No tolls, beautiful scenery and it is mostly 4 lanes.
Yeah, I have done that, it is a nice drive, and no tolls, we have family in the Malvern Pa area, so we travel out there often... we'll see

What exacltly is the difference between chryslers at carlisle and mopar nationals? I had my Monaco at chryslers at carlisle in '96.

The Mopar Nationals is a separate event held In August in Columbus Ohio at the 1/4 mile drag strip with drag racing, a Mopar car show and a swap meet.

Chryslers at Carlisle changed the name to the Chrysler Nationals at some point. Located in Carlisle PA with a Mopar car show and swap meet. There is also 1/8 mile drag racing on the Friday of the event and a nearby track that is not owned by Carlisle Events, as far as I know.

As I understand it, organization.
What exacltly is the difference between chryslers at carlisle and mopar nationals?
I"ve not been to the nats but everyone I have talked to that goes says the nats are less organized and the toilets don't get cleaned enough.
Swap meet is larger at Carlisle nationals.

But there is a race track at nats.

So the name has changed? It's not "Chryslers at Carlisle" any more? It's "Carlisle Nationals"? or is it "Carlisle Chrysler Nationals" ?

And there still is the "Mopar Nationals" - at Carlisle?

Are there still 2 different "MoPar" meets at Carlisle? Or just one?

So the name has changed? It's not "Chryslers at Carlisle" any more? It's "Carlisle Nationals"? or is it "Carlisle Chrysler Nationals" ?

And there still is the "Mopar Nationals" - at Carlisle?

Are there still 2 different "MoPar" meets at Carlisle? Or just one?

There has never been a Mopar Nationals event in Carlisle. Technically, it's Carlisle Events Chrysler Nationals as Carlisle Events is a large, former fairgrounds that holds Spring and Fall swap meets and different car events throughout the Spring, Summer and Fall. Visit, Carlisle Events

Well, it used to be called "Chryslers at Carlisle". I have the 1996 window sticker to prove it. It didn't have "Nationals" in the name. I rememered that there was "Mopar Nationals" and I remember them being 2 different events (ok maybe the Nationals being in a different city). Now Carlisle has put "Nationals" in their event name which makes no sense.

I don't know why they felt the need to change the name. They added "Nationals" to their other show's names. I have only missed 2 years since 1993.

Well, it used to be called "Chryslers at Carlisle". I have the 1996 window sticker to prove it. It didn't have "Nationals" in the name. I rememered that there was "Mopar Nationals" and I remember them being 2 different events (ok maybe the Nationals being in a different city). Now Carlisle has put "Nationals" in their event name which makes no sense.
The Mopar Nationals are at the National Trail Raceway in Ohio.

Chryslers at Carlisle changed names some years ago and are now known as the "Carlisle Chrysler Nationals" and are in Carlisle Pennsylvania. I think they wanted all their events to have similar names like the Ford Nationals and GM Nationals etc. "Corvettes at Carlisle" kept that name, probably because of the name "Corvette Nationals" being used at MCACN.

BTW, my 1992 tee shirt says "Chryslers at Carlisle"

About 400 miles for me, each way. I figure 12mpg, and $3.50 a gallon, so, $120ish each way, plus tolls...PA turnpike is not cheap., But I plan to be there!
If you run I80 to exit 160 then I99 to US322 east to Harrisburg to I81 South it is less than 20 miles longer. The mountains aren't as bad as on the turnpike and there are no tolls.

I was just wondering what Days you guys are heading to Carlisle? I will be leaving Toronto 6/7 Am Thursday.

Wednesday morning the 12th here for us at about 7am EST if the weather is good, and meeting a friend with his freshly restored Monaco wagon at about 9am or so at the PA state line. Will probably be leaving Thursday if the weather is no good Wednesday.

Back