2023 Friendly Football Thread

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
Aaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Damn Vikings couldn't get their crap together enough to beat an erratic Baker Mayfield and the Tampa Bay Bucs. And I only saw the meltdown, how fitting.

Wish Bob was here to rip him on his Pack being the best or worst, depending on your loyalties. They play the Bears in a couple of minutes. Miss you @1978 NYB

I'm a Viking fan since 8 yrs old but I can't bring myself to get into professional sports anymore. I don't get someone making big dollars and causing a beer and a hotdogs being $36 on top a $75 being oppressed.

I'm a Viking fan since 8 yrs old but I can't bring myself to get into professional sports anymore. I don't get someone making big dollars and causing a beer and a hotdogs being $36 on top a $75 being oppressed.
That's why I watch at home, $41 buys me a case of snooty IPA to go with meat I've already paid for.

I don't feel sorry for any pro athlete and their salary.

The funny part is the add below this is for NFL network showing Vikings Cardinals. And I'm old so the Cardinals are still St. Louis.

I’m not a big football fan but in case y’all didn’t hear, the Lions beat the defending Super Bowl champs in the season opener.:lol:

I’m not a big football fan but in case y’all didn’t hear, the Lions beat the defending Super Bowl champs in the season opener.
1694434009489.png

Grew up a Chiefs fan (the Len Dawson/Jan Stenerud/Otis Taylor era, ;ate 1960's), transplanted Lions fan through the UGLY years late 70's through a few years ago.

Happy for Detroit though ... maybe long-suffering Lions fans can have few good years in the sun ...

As to college, we could pick a team from this forum (buncha old men with hats) and beat these early opponents .. we;ll see come Thanksgiving time where we are.

1694434652683.png

Collage I still watch because they play for something, school, possible pro career, but to have a contract and not have to play your best? It would be more interesting if there were performance contracts.

Back