For Sale 26k-Mile 1977 Dodge Royal Monaco Brougham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the guy who saw the car on BaT and posted it here because I thought it was an outrageously beautiful Formal.
And I'm glad it broke the infamous 5 digital glass ceiling.
The comments received on BaT are useless.

@Cascadia

Any chance of having a pic of the fender tag, just to compare that info to the distribution of floor heat shields? (Just an obsession of mine.)
77fendertag.jpg

Oh gawd what part to quote,,, <insert Dirty Harry tone> "You got to ask yourself one question" Why are these supposedly low mileage Mopars leaking so much oil?

Usually I just write up a big azzz estimate and send them on their way.

I've seen a quite some unrestored documented low mileage material with most varying conditions, not specifically Mopar though and a high percentage wouldn't be too welcomed to the survivor tent.
I have a one owner car for example driven from 1962 to 1976 with 18 k miles, dragged out of the original Garage that Looks worse in every way, including leakage than this example, with an old rather crude gas welding rust repair already. Our DD 240k mile Volvo on the other Hand still doesn't sip one drop from the engine.
But as said I only see it more likely than many others that Claim such a Thing, not gonna bet the house on it.

Negativity and hate??? People (including me) were making valid points positive AND negative, about your car. Nice, yes, but we still had questions. All you did was whine about those comments. I was kind enough to hold off until your auction ended. Been on BaT for neatly six years. I myself have owned over 800 vehicles since 1972, with 500+ being Mopars. I know Mopars. And you are among the most rabid C-body guys around on this forum. Better have thick skin to hang here. Out.

Well Well Well... I went back to have a re-look at the Hi-Res pics (70) of this car (Thank You seller) to compare some things, pretty much stand by my comments about it not being the mileage advertised but I won't go into detail as I don't want these detail/doctor up car people to up their game.
I'll just leave this screenshot as the "pièce de résistance" about BaT.

08-02-19.BaT.comment has been flagged as non-constructive.jpg

You want to know what my comment was that was "non-constructive"???

Hilarious.

That was it.

Patrick I read it and thought nothing bad or too warrant a click to report and I had taken screen shots of the comments at 148 and then at 152 comments ('cuz I knew a shitstorm was'a brew'in) but I just missed the final two I guess.

I take it that the number next to your nic (3,904) is the posts that you have made or is it the thumbs up number? It's not like your someone that blew in recently right?

One of his fanboi's must of done it, ain't it the way now-a-days, ya give a opinion of something that goes against something (not kissass positive) and they immediately throw out the your 'negative' hate card. heh.

I'm really surprised the seller came over here and did the same thing.

BaT's gone downhill since they started the auctions IMHO, of course they have a vested interest $$$ in the sales now and don't want anything that would hinder a auction from being sucessfull but... I rarely go over there now unless I'm totally bored with seeing the same crap on CL or eekBay.

Like I've said, I'm open to constructive criticism, nothing wrong with that. But if you talk out of your *ss or get in someone's face on BaT, you'll get flagged.

I take it that the number next to your nic (3,904) is the posts that you have made or is it the thumbs up number? It's not like your someone that blew in recently right?

One of his fanboi's must of done it, ain't it the way now-a-days, ya give a opinion of something that goes against something (not kissass positive) and they immediately throw out the your 'negative' hate card. heh.

I'm really surprised the seller came over here and did the same thing.

BaT's gone downhill since they started the auctions IMHO, of course they have a vested interest $$$ in the sales now and don't want anything that would hinder a auction from being sucessfull but... I rarely go over there now unless I'm totally bored with seeing the same crap on CL or eekBay.

The number is the number of likes given to the commenter. Yeah on that negative hate crap. Lots of easily-hurt egos there these days. Used to be a fun place.

@Cascadia - Like I said previously, you need a thick skin to sell cars. If you cant handle a few simple points, perhaps you need to find a vocation where your feelings wont get hurt. We know our Mopars here. I've owned, bought and sold Mopars since 1972...you?

@patrick66 - I love Mopars too, have had one or more from every decade, 30s through the 80s. From pre-war Imperials, to Letter Car convertibles, to AHB cop cars - love 'em all.

Here's a link to some eye candy, the one's I've sold over the years: Cascadia Classic - Portland Oregon

I'm not the type for hurt feelings, everyone's got their opinions, doesn't bother me. But when they're mis-informed I'll let them know. I'm just standing up for what I know to be a good car, not looking to get into a pissing match with a fellow Mopar Man. Life's too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back