300 Hurst broadcast sheet - velour interior?...Help please

Interior

1. bigmoparjeff

bigmoparjeff Senior Member

2. jrdudeman

jrdudeman Member

To my knowledge, there was a few more than one 300 Hurst with manual windows. My dad owned one of the manual window Hurst's sometime in the 1980's or 1990's. Trevor may have seen this car at my dads place way back then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fury Pursuit

Fury Pursuit Senior Member

4. bigmoparjeff

bigmoparjeff Senior Member

Follow link to continue: 300-H HURST nerd stuff...

Jeff

5. Northcoast300h

Northcoast300h New Member

After all the replies, I agree the interior was changed...and I think for the best. These velour seats are just much more comfortable than the original leather. I'll chalk it up to all the other changes I made. Most non mopar guys can't spot them, but you guys will notice. Here are some.

1) Gone are the goofy clown paint on the rims. Reminds me of those Barnum and Bailey tiny circus clown cars.
    2) Removed ugly antenna and put a power antenna which lifts thru rear qtr panel.
    3) Don't know any other car with its model name on the hood, so moved to back qtr panel and replaced with "440 4 barrel" badges
    4) Ugly original pin striping replaced with red, and in few areas not replaced at all.
    5) Ugly brownish gold replaced with a true gold tone.
    6) 1969 Mustang Mach 1 front spoiler looks stock to me.
    7) Pentastar added to driver's side. We all know the silly reason why the Pentastar was only on passenger side, correct?
    8) Lots more period correct additions which is what Hurst should have built.

I got this car from a junkyard decades ago. I know this car won't win any awards and that 300 Hursts are nothing special, They're just standard 300's with a fiberglass hood and deck painted gold, nothing else. Chrysler's bean counters told Hurst to remove all the performance equipment off of the prototype and it was still the most expensive Chrysler of 1970, which is why it failed.

I believe the 300 Hurst is the only car Hurst did in its history without any Hurst equipment which has to make you chuckle. I like the car because its so unique and was a good idea which Chrysler could have made money if managed correctly....but was ruined by corporate america which is prevalent in our US history.

Thanks for all the information guys!

IMG_2512b.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  6. 413

413 Well-Known Member

3) don’t know any other car with it’s model name on the hood.

Well now you do! 1970 Dodge Super Bee
    I’ve seen it on some but not all of them. So possible date or plant Variation. Or were removed or hood replaced.

View attachment 393576

View attachment 393577

56A379FF-789B-4E49-98E1-5176C0FF929C.png

13CF818A-61D6-46D8-ACD4-408FF20D5F5F.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 3175375

3175375 Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

I didn’t know why the pentastar was only on the right, did some research and it was, only on left hand drive vehicles. It moved to the left side on right hand drive vehicles.

8. Imperial Pete

Imperial Pete New Member

I remember reading somewhere it was always on the sidewalk side so when you walked past you knew it was a Chrysler product. From all of the original cars I have looked at the Airtemp Sticker is the same. Its either on the RH rear side window or on the RH side of the rear window. Over here in Australia they are both on the LH Side. Why not put the pentastar on both sides? Save some money maybe? Here in Aus the pentastar was gone from the fenders in 1972.

9. Northcoast300h

Northcoast300h New Member

I wanted to post the actual letterhead from engineers at Chrysler but couldn't find it. Letter stated drivetrain engineers said only the passenger Pentastar is needed, because that's the only side of the car the competition will see as Mopars speed by them in the fast lane. Silly, isn't it?

Oh, and thanks 413 for correcting me. I didn't know other cars had their model on the hood...although it really shouldn't be there. Much cooler to have engine size on hood.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  10. 413

413 Well-Known Member

I was more just letting you know there are others out there. Yes The engine size on hood makes more sense. They tried different things.