318 Poly Aluminum Valve Covers

MNT65

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a 1965 Plymouth Fury III convertible with a 318 Poly V-8. These steel valve covers leak oil really bad. I was looking for a set of Aluminum valve covers because my steel valve covers are hammered pretty bad. I’ve tried straightening them to no avail. I can’t get them on line; I’ve tried CP, I’ve tried contacting a guy down Australia but I don’t know if he’s getting my emails or if the company still exists. I can’t find them in the US and when I do find a lead, they are off the chain expensive. I’m trying to seal this bad boy sealed up so I can start driving it cruise nights here in Huntington Beach CA! Any suggestions?

Hi
There was/is a fellow who's done a substantial amount of work on the Polysphere , you can probably find his email etc. on the 62 to 65 Mopar site , His name is Gary Pavlovich , he might even be active on the B-bodies only site as well , I believe he was instrumental in developing some new parts for Polys... worth a try ...

Hi
There was/is a fellow who's done a substantial amount of work on the Polysphere , you can probably find his email etc. on the 62 to 65 Mopar site , His name is Gary Pavlovich , he might even be active on the B-bodies only site as well , I believe he was instrumental in developing some new parts for Polys... worth a try ...
Tried his contact info which led me to another contact in Australia, Craig Fountain, which I have not heard back from at this point. I do appreciate your response sir!

If you have any luck at all in finding something reasonably priced, let us all know. I'm sure I'm not the only other person that would love to find some too.

I've had several 318 Poly engines over the years. I always used nice straight valve covers with cork gaskets stuck on with spray on gasket cement. I never had any problems. One set I had in the sixties were chrome, and they sealed nicely too. The aluminum ones look nice but the asking prices are nuts. Try using a better set of valve covers to start with. I think once they get bent or out of shape, they are hard to seal. Good luck.

Chrysler Power was casting Poly intakes and valve covers but they are no longer in production. You may find a pair on E bay or the like.

If you have any luck at all in finding something reasonably priced, let us all know. I'm sure I'm not the only other person that would love to find some too.
Aha!! I was saying I hadn’t heard from Craig Fountain from Australia. Well, he has them and the only way you can get them is to email him and wait for his reply! The valve covers run 500 AUD, which is around $355 US through PayPal. He is the only production VC for a poly 318 that I have found. I bought a set and they are on the way! Contact information for Craig is as follows;
Craig Fountain
[email protected]
Sounds expensive but when you can’t find em anywhere, it’s pretty reasonable!!

MNT65--Did that include shipping by any chance or was that additional?
I know I still live in 1980 dollars, but I'm trying to drag myself into what the economy has become.

Back