35MM Film Cameras

Kippy

Reaction score
Anyone still into using film cameras? Im looking for recommendations for a shop to do some repairs on my Cannon A1

Its called kiwi they did great for me.
I owe you.
I just called, sounds like a nice man and will be sending the camera soon
Its a Cannon A1... Use to work fine but that was decades ago and now I see the light seals falling apart. I want it gone over completely
For some reason old technology is appealing to me more and more.
I have my wife parents console turntable fm stereo and were restoring that and collecting vinyl records
Thanks for recommending that shop, I only wish I could actually go there in person.

Real film and pictures have something digital can't. Just like a real album on a record player. Glad it worked out for you.

I had 3 Pentax 35's. They were so easy to use and beautiful results. The 2 TTL, needle match manuals were the favorites- so versatile! All gone with a divorce. I now have an Epson digital. Good camera, but totally uninspiring. It helps fill my bottom drawer! Lindsay

Anywhere from 3 to 10 a roll depending where you buy it

I bought a Ricoh around 1975. It was completely manual, had a basic light meter and that was it. I took many pictures with that camera and I learned the basics of photography.
Old school still rules

I have a bunch of old film cameras, including the aforementioned Canon A1, Nikon, Pentax, Robot 35mm split frame and Rolleiflex and Yashica 120mm. And a Rollei 126 SLR.
Not many places to get film developed any more and even fewer to print.

I have a bunch of old film cameras, including the aforementioned Canon A1, Nikon, Pentax, Robot 35mm split frame and Rolleiflex and Yashica 120mm. And a Rollei 126 SLR.
Not many places to get film developed any more and even fewer to print.

If you shoot B&W then you can develop your own as I do. Still using the old standby D-76. Color I send out for development. I then scan all my films myself rather than a lab. As for my cameras I have Minolta, Yashica, Pentax, Nikon, Miranda, Ricoh, Topcon, Konica, a few Canon only, Voigtlander, Exakta, Braun, Agfa, Zeiss, Aires, Petri, Beauty, Ciroflex, Kodak in 35mm SLR, rangefinders and 120 in TLRs and a few box cameras and folders.

Because of Covid I have taught myself to CLA Exakta, Pentax, and Minolta SRTs so far.

What do you recognize from this small sample?

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG

Minolta_101_XK_800si.jpg

Maxxum_7.jpg

Ricohflex_01.jpg

TLR_Family_01.jpg

Koni_RapidM_01.jpg

Pentax_01.jpg

Got to put in one of my favorites which is this 1925 Kodak No. 2 Box Model F which uses 120 film and has three f/stops. This one makes people pause. With the orange filter shots are more than adequate.

IMG_0462.JPG

Brownie2_office_01.jpg

Nice collection!
I forgot to mention I also have an Exacta and a Yashica rangefinder my parents bought new in 66.
I used to build industrial cameras for a while and at one time repaired cameras that were formerly used as military and DMV ID cameras. They used 35 mm long loll film. And then the 120mm units that were used in German FW 190s and the Robot half frame 35 mm cameras that were used in German aircraft. Some were so old some of the parts still had Swastikas stamped on them.
I almost got into developing film and when my employer updated equipment I could have had a truck load of developers/enlargers. No way I was moving that stuff down my basement steps.
I havent worked there in a year but I would bet there are still bins of parts for the Yashica 124 G TLRs

Again, super nice collection!

Uh...thats a small sample?
Looks like you favor Minoltas. Minolta must have built cameras for many of the off brands as many of those look like generic brands.
I havent shot film in 20 years.
It would appear from the office wall you may be an optometrist or the like?

Glad the OP found a repair shop and gets his unit back into the field.
Apologies for the thread hijack.

I sent camera out today
Will keep all informed of how it turns out

Uh...thats a small sample?
Looks like you favor Minoltas. Minolta must have built cameras for many of the off brands as many of those look like generic brands.
I havent shot film in 20 years.
It would appear from the office wall you may be an optometrist or the like?

Glad the OP found a repair shop and gets his unit back into the field.
Apologies for the thread hijack.

Minolta never built no off brands for anybody. Minolta did cooperate with Leica where a couple of SLRs and a rangefinder are shared. Minolta sold through Sears and JCP by calling the SRT-201 an SRT-SCII and SRT-MCII while Minolta was still on top. The other major who shared a production line for a period was Yashica and Contax. The major supplier of non name brands would have been Cosina.

Back