392 Monaco

Gear vendors overdrive fits under a Formal without floor pan mods as well.

Love to see your project!
I'm gathering parts for my project, a 71 Sport Fury. Have a 6.1 and A518 tranny to go in it.
I will make the tunnel wider/longer to make the tranny fit. Waiting for a sub frame I bought. Will blast/paint and replace all bushings and everything, then I can mount engine/tranny on it sitting on the floor. I want to keep the car as a driver as long as possible.
Will be interesting to see how you find solutions for everything!

IMG_0444.JPG

Love to see your project!
I'm gathering parts for my project, a 71 Sport Fury. Have a 6.1 and A518 tranny to go in it.
I will make the tunnel wider/longer to make the tranny fit. Waiting for a sub frame I bought. Will blast/paint and replace all bushings and everything, then I can mount engine/tranny on it sitting on the floor. I want to keep the car as a driver as long as possible.
Will be interesting to see how you find solutions for everything!
Just getting it to sit in the car right and header fitment will be the big probs. After that it will be a breeze with the new Mopar swap kit.
The 6.1 is a great motor..My Road Runner had one and it was like driving a new car around. You'll love it! If I can help or you have questions just holler at me..Might be able to save u some headaches.

You put the engine in the Satellite the wrong way. But at least you got it in there. Will be watching thread, my vote would be for NAG 1 or whatever was behind a 392 stock.

Curious, what would be the right way to put the engine in?
Put engine and the trans on k frame and lower car over them with engine hoist. If you ever do it like that once you will never go in the top again. It's okay I was just stroking you a bit.

Put engine and the trans on k frame and lower car over them with engine hoist. If you ever do it like that once you will never go in the top again. It's okay I was just stroking you a bit.
Might be the way I go with this swap, gonna be a challenge for sure.

Might be hard to do with a engine hoist because your all the way back to the fire wall on a C body, but worth a try.

Back