4-Ever DeSoto personal introduction

4-Ever DeSoto

Reaction score
Greetings from Branson, MO.

I have been a DeSoto "nut" since dad was a DeSoto-Plymouth dealer in Beaverton, MI beginning in 1946 through the 1961 models and after the demise of DeSoto, he gained the Chrysler, Dodge, and Dodge truck lines. The dealership closed in 1981 after his passing. Dad's favorite car was always the DeSoto and I guess I just followed in his footsteps. My favorite DeSoto is the 1960 Fireflite 2 door HT. I have tried obtaining one the last couple of years but could never find the right one and at my age I couldn't do a project car. So, I wound up with a '59 Firedome 2 door hardtop in excellent condition that I didn't have to do anything to except drive and maintain it. The only notable option the car has are swivel seats. The rest is pretty much the standard stuff like Torqueflite, PS and PB, radio, heater, etc. It does have wire wheels but I did keep the factory wheel covers.

I hope to be of some value to this website and look forward to contributing what I can to help others.

I do have another MoPar but it's a 2011 Challenger converted to a 1971 'cuda convertible and is my daily driver.

Best MoPar regards,

Fred

IMG_3138 (2).jpg

image2 (4).jpeg

Welcome and thank you for posting! @saforwardlook @marty mopar

You mentioned that your father had a Chrysler- Dodge dealership through 1981. Did you by any chance hold on to a list of cars sold there? I am particularly interested in info re: the 1970 convertibles.

Also, if somehow records were kept, @polaratherapy started a thread on early Mopar recalls. It’d be great to rdiscover such documents.

Welcome and thank you for posting! @saforwardlook @marty mopar

You mentioned that your father had a Chrysler- Dodge dealership through 1981. Did you by any chance hold on to a list of cars sold there? I am particularly interested in info re: the 1970 convertibles.
Unfortunately mom discarded all the records when cleaning out the building getting ready for the sale. The dealership was very small basically a one man operation with a couple of mechanics in a small rural town of a 1000 people. Most of the sales were 4 doors and station wagons. I can't remember more than a handful of convertibles in all the time he was in business. Of those I can recall, one was a '49 DeSoto, another was a '51 DeSoto, another was a '56 Plymouth, another was a '58 Plymouth, and the last was my '71 'cuda I replicated with my '11 Challenger.

Thank you very much.

Back