WANTED 440 motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
But for this car in Moscow, yes. Now i have only 318.

20200919_185933.jpg

20200919_075957.jpg

I only say this because your 318 transmission will not fit a 440 and many other things. You would need much more to make it work. Nice car by the way!:thumbsup:

Thank you for this information, yes, but its my dream and i realy ready for long time work to install 440 motor. :thankyou:I don't think I'll find a suitable engine quickly. We have recently due to the lack and problems with old engines, many put a modern swap lq or ls motor into classic cars. It's faster and cheaper. But that's not my way, at least not yet.

Well good luck to you and I wish you the very best! :thumbsup:

You also if you get a 440 need to have a 727 with the correct bell housing to bolt to a big block. Your 727 on your 318 will not bolt to a 440.

Last edited:
This motor from bus 1976 year, its not original. Original was 360 from fabrik. But it was lost 20 years ago...
Oh. Honestly, I'm just tired of seeing transplanted 440s. It won't be long until a 318 or slant 6 car is going to be the rarest on the planet.

To your question about installing a 360, yes, it will fit.

Oh. Honestly, I'm just tired of seeing transplanted 440s. It won't be long until a 318 or slant 6 car is going to be the rarest on the planet.

To your question about installing a 360, yes, it will fit.

Yes, I understand you. But it's better than the modern ls. In Russia 440 motor motor like a dinosaur - very rare:)))
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back