For Sale 440 Super Commado Engine for Sale - Not Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just looks risky when something originally solid is broken.Maybe better off with another block altogether and keep the original block in case the buyer is picky.B.B

Not as far out as some. Ive seen 4500-6500. Wth???? . wats the real dif between a normal stock engine & a police interceptor???? Wat parts n how much hp dif?????

A majority of the additional power came from simply adding a dual snorkel air cleaner and adding dual exhaust for air flow purposes.

I believe all standard 440-4V cars were single exhaust, single snorkel stock? (Correct me if I’m wrong)

Additionally it would of came with a slightly different cam, a different carb, and high performance manifolds. Other than that, everything else between the 350 HP and 375 HP motors are the same. Same heads, crank, rods, pistons, manifold.

Oh really? Well ty. Its just that when they say i hav a police pakage then add 1000 to the normal price. . n i m about to buy one in mid 70s. Which as far as i know should hav cast crank. Is that true or not? Did the police pakage come with steel cranks in mid- late 70s??? Ty tm

Oh really? Well ty. Its just that when they say i hav a police pakage then add 1000 to the normal price. . n i m about to buy one in mid 70s. Which as far as i know should hav cast crank. Is that true or not? Did the police pakage come with steel cranks in mid- late 70s??? Ty tm

Mid 70's "should" be cast crank but manual trans engines got steel cranks and HP blocks did too but not always.

By the way, nothing special about an HP block over a regular block. HP got better internals like roller timing chain, wind age tray, 6pak type rods and better cam. Depending on the application they got all or just some of the above. Blocks were all the same.

Kevin

Two big points of value, the HP stamp, and the transmission part number/ that would have the 69RT 440 Trans. very hard to find both. around here I could sell them all day long for a very good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back