4th of July buy! 1971 New Yorker sunroof 440

CH23T1C122977 is a rare bird (sunroof car), and GJ4 is a fantastic one-year-only color. Congratulations!!!

@saforwardlook and I teamed up to acquire an FQ5 turquoise Newport with sunroof a year and a half ago. He is restoring it in California, and the thread that I started about that car should contain some information that you may find useful. He has a lot of experience with sunroof C-bodies. (Edit: I see that your car has the H53 AutoTemp option, which is fixable starting in MY 1971 -- again, he should have lots of experience and good advice in case you want to get the A/C back on).

@Tobias74 bought a U-code 1971 sunroof New Yorker a few years back, but I do not know what has since happened to CH23U1C124105 . I am also aware of a red 1971 NYer with sunroof ( CH23T1C175483 ) that sold back in 2014 -- as noted, those cars are few and far between. Moving to 300 sunroof cars, @sportsuburbangt sold a blue one that is now in Sweden (I believe that it is owned by @Hansson72 ).

There is a sunroof registry that @sdweatherman maintains -- I do not think that your car is in his list of 1971 sunroof Chryslers known to have survived, so you may want to give him a heads up about your car to have it added.

Cheers! @ceebuddy @Imperial Pete @Tobias74 @69CoronetRT

I just noted in looking at Scott's registry dated March 6, 2021 that this car is already listed there, albeit listed with a green roof while the body code plate of this one shows black. Or did this just happen and the date of the list currently on his website was not changed??? Was there more movement taking place before this purchase on July 4th??? Something was going on.

I wish that Scott had continued to maintain in each cars' description where the cars are located like in the past when he noted owned by "collector in Edmonton" etc. Maybe there were identity concerns or he didn't want to keep up with changing owners???

Great car. My grandfathers car, similar, had the same pattern. Only other time I have seen it is here now. Congrats on the car. Gotta love that Chrysler green. I had a 71 300 in that color combo.

Welcome from a fellow Western New Yorker. Love love love your new ride, it's awesome! Congrats on the find!

CH23T1C122977 is a rare bird (sunroof car), and GJ4 is a fantastic one-year-only color. Congratulations!!!

@saforwardlook and I teamed up to acquire an FQ5 turquoise Newport with sunroof a year and a half ago. He is restoring it in California, and the thread that I started about that car should contain some information that you may find useful. He has a lot of experience with sunroof C-bodies. (Edit: I see that your car has the H53 AutoTemp option, which is fixable starting in MY 1971 -- again, he should have lots of experience and good advice in case you want to get the A/C back on).

@Tobias74 bought a U-code 1971 sunroof New Yorker a few years back, but I do not know what has since happened to CH23U1C124105 . I am also aware of a red 1971 NYer with sunroof ( CH23T1C175483 ) that sold back in 2014 -- as noted, those cars are few and far between. Moving to 300 sunroof cars, @sportsuburbangt sold a blue one that is now in Sweden (I believe that it is owned by @Hansson72 ).

There is a sunroof registry that @sdweatherman maintains -- I do not think that your car is in his list of 1971 sunroof Chryslers known to have survived, so you may want to give him a heads up about your car to have it added.

Cheers! @ceebuddy @Imperial Pete @Tobias74 @69CoronetRT
My cars were both 71 300 with sunroof not NY , the blue u code went to the states and the red t code is in Germany sadly the guy I sold it to has no idea what he has.

I am just how stunned I am at your find. I have NEVER seen a New Yorker or Newport in the junkyard with a sunroof, and I have been to a lot of junkyards. What a treasure you have!

The raised letter tires just don't seem to go with such a prestigious car, however.

Hope you bring it to some shows. Does the 8-track work?

Wow! Gj4 Stunning.

I'm in for the read and pictures of this beautiful car.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

He just posted it on his own Facebook page here's what he's asking and phone number.

Screenshot_20210920-185648_Facebook.jpg

Back