515-mile Imperial for only $6,300???

Looks like a great deal, sounds like a great deal BUT this is the seller Stan says is up to no good........ Shenanigans abound

99.9% chance it's one of two scenarios....

1) The deal will not be actually consummated.
2) Take away the Krylon and Armorall, the car is actually worth $4k if one of us saw it in person.

It is impossible to ever get a good deal from this scumbag. It's in his blood to %$#& you or he won't be able to sleep that night.

Reread the listing again:
miles are exempt and i think over 100...

Last edited:
So, I'm new here and maybe I have a skewed idea of C-body values, but it looks to me like someone got a 1968 Imperial with 515 (five hundred fifteen) miles for just $6,300. That's nuts, right? I would've guessed it would sell for around twice that amount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Simp...rs_Trucks&hash=item19d7a5389f#ht_50757wt_1161

Having looked at all of the pictures of this car I'm struck by several things:

1. The smell of Amorall eminating from that car must be overwhelming.

2. The odometer (to me) is a dead giveaway that it's rolled over and those 515 miles are on top of the 100,000 that don't show.

3. Mounting the electric eye for the twi-light sentinel on the top center of the cowl does not seem like a Chrysler move. Even back then I don't think they were stupid enough to put something like that out in the elements. I'm sure it would work really well in a corn belt whiteout snowstorm.......

Too good of a deal to be true from this scumbag. If by chance it was the real deal.........he would be asking $20k plus.

99.9% chance it's one of two scenarios....

1) The deal will not be actually consummated.
2) Take away the Krylon and Armorall, the car is actually worth $4k if one of us saw it in person.

It is impossible to ever get a good deal from this scumbag. It's in his blood to %$#& you or he won't be able to sleep that night.

Reread the listing again:

I knew it was a matter of time

Perfect buyers for a 1956-64 Torqueflite Mopar then.

Interesting. Thanks for the info, at least I'm not crazy. (Or at least, THIS isn't why I'm crazy.)

A shame that this guy has a bad reputation. I've noticed some of his auctions before and the cars look beautiful on a computer screen.

I will admit I would love to find out who he farms out his detailing to. They're worth every penny.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Having looked at all of the pictures of this car I'm struck by several things:

3. Mounting the electric eye for the twi-light sentinel on the top center of the cowl does not seem like a Chrysler move. Even back then I don't think they were stupid enough to put something like that out in the elements. I'm sure it would work really well in a corn belt whiteout snowstorm.......

Yes it was
Yes they were
Can't comment on that

I won't comment about the seller because i don't know him. But there are two images that give me pause if I were to bid on it.

The undercoating drips on this torsion bar are in the wrong plane which would tell me they've or at least this one has been out of the car. I'd expect the drips to point down not to the side. Also the transmission line looks to be pulled down. I should be above the pan rail.;

DSCN1480.jpg

Second, there's something wrong with this floor on the passenger side next to the muffler. To me it looks like it's been opened up or straightened. And above the pipe in the foot well there's undercoat missing where it looks to be creased.

DSCN1481.jpg

That undercoating is hiding something, milage (oil streaks) or otherwise.

Last edited:
Oh, and it was titled in WV, no way that thing doesn't or didn't have any rust. No way a car in the rust belt looks like that without being repaired at some point.

Back