53 Nash Healey roadster sitting on a Dodge ramp trunk in the woods

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Yep a real and rare (only 516 made) Nash Healey roadster with the Italian Pininfarina body sitting on a Tin grille Dodge Crew cab ramp truck in the woods in a junkyard. What are the chances. Another betcha never saw one of these. I took this video yesterday Feb 6th , 2021 along with many, many others. I didn’t see them all. Undisclosed location as the owner has requested. There was some C bodies in there. Will get to those later. For now I hope you guy enjoy this piece of history. I put a lot of effort & $$$ into making these. And a lot of travel. Please subscribe, like & comment
53 Nash Healey roadster with Pininfarina body sitting in the woods

Cool Video Bob, did the gentleman happen to give you a story as to how the car and the truck ended up where it’s at? I heard them say that they used to use the truck quite a bit but nothing beyond that..

Cool Video Bob, did the gentleman happen to give you a story as to how the car and the truck ended up where it’s at? I heard them say that they used to use the truck quite a bit but nothing beyond that..
He had so many cars in there & I had two of my buddies with me so between us 3 asking him question & he got a few phone calls. , one from out of state asking about a car. He spent several minutes on a few of those calls so we just kinda went exploring & left him to his business. My buddy Ken who was with us knows him so I’ll ask Ken about it. I do plan to go back. Hopefully soon.

I always give you thumbs up Bob.

That bumper tank was cool. Where was compressor mounted? Was is engine turned or gas engine powered you think?

I always give you thumbs up Bob.

That bumper tank was cool. Where was compressor mounted? Was is engine turned or gas engine powered you think?
I didn’t ask too much about any of the cars. I would imagine it was belt driven off the crank. I plan to go back & do some more videos & maybe buy some parts. Gotta take my cordless saw though. Parts of that place was a jungle

Yea it grew faster than I though, but has stalled out in recent days. My Facebook groups do that. Ebb & Flow.

I think when I subbed you, you were in the teens. That doesn’t seem that long ago.

Any glad you are doing well

Thanks for posting the video. That looks to be a salvageable project for somebody. The back story of how those vehicles came to be parked there would be interesting to know.

Thanks for posting the video. That looks to be a salvageable project for somebody. The back story of how those vehicles came to be parked there would be interesting to know.
There’s quite a back story on several of the cars in there including street racing a Chevy zone rep & an AMC rep. There’s one car in there that was owned by a famous politician. Much, but not all of this will develop in the coming videos. Thank you for the kind words.

I'd love a ramp truck. That is a '72-'73 grille on the truck, wonder if it was a highway department vehicle (yellow paint peeling through) with a later ramp conversion. Too bad it's been sitting as long as it has. Thanks for the video Bob!

I'd love a ramp truck. That is a '72-'73 grille on the truck, wonder if it was a highway department vehicle (yellow paint peeling through) with a later ramp conversion. Too bad it's been sitting as long as it has. Thanks for the video Bob!
My pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it

Ok folks I just got off the phone with Robbie. He said he is actively trying to sell much of the stuff. This place is the AMC dealer ship that was featured on the TV show American Pickers. The Nash Healey & Dodge ramp truck are for sale but a collector saw the YouTube video on the NH & I put them two together. I will be posting more videos I took while there. I did not see every car. Just too much. I didn’t video every car. Robbie says I can come back & video some more. I have a lot of videos I’ve made from various yards & private collections & my schedule to video others is quite full so not sure when I can get all the stuff from the AMC dealer up. So stay tuned. Better yet subscribe because I don’t post most the videos on here. Just a sampling. The YouTube channel is growing quite well & I want to thank all who subscribed & watch.

Back