Went for a walk in the woods with a man I just met today LOL

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
F31E9047-EDBD-4A9E-9DD1-0D055A212F0F.jpeg
F31E9047-EDBD-4A9E-9DD1-0D055A212F0F.jpeg
LOL , no no nothing like that. I’m a ladies man. However when a guy tells me he’s got a bunch of old cars in the woods I said well let’s see what you got. So there I was with a total stranger making my way down a path & then into the woods. As we walked he was telling me about the cars & how they ended up there so I felt pretty confident he wasn’t a serial killer . So no this ain’t a plug for a modern romance novel but it is a plug to subscribe to my YouTube channel & I’ll post the videos I took. I’m at or near 80 already with about 50 I haven’t uploaded yet. I found just one C body in the woods at a different location & im trying to connect with the owner of that property. He’s an older gentleman in poor health & has days he just can’t do anything. So hopefully soon. Anyhow enjoy the videos. Amateur as they are but I like it that way. Just a car guy & a bunch of old cars. I’ll tease ya with this old gas pump I walked up on. I’m thinking a Union 76 or an old ESSO ?

Bob, Union 76 and ESSO are oil company brand names. That pump looks to be a Gilbarco. I think. Could be a Bennett. 50's and 60's era.

Very restorable.

G&B esso.JPG

Last edited:
12A9607A-074C-4B46-AA3A-1F97AD5EC681.jpeg
DB312238-1998-4A6E-8241-B2CD5BBCF9F7.jpeg
Bob, Union 76 and ESSO are oil company brand names. That pump looks to be a Gilbarco. I think. Could be a Bennett. 50's and 60's era.

Very restorable.

View attachment 421932
It’s a Wayne pump model 600. Don’t see a date. Made in Salisbury, Maryland. Missing the front cover & the hose. He’s asking $300. Here’s two screen shots from a video I made of it

I see that now, cool. $300.00 isn't a bad deal. Most all the missing parts are available. Parts, paint, chrome & polish will cost around $13/1500. to do right. It would be valued around $2500.00 finished.
And that would a cosmetic restoration value not a complete working restoration correct ? I would consider it just to have one.

And that would a cosmetic restoration value not a complete working restoration correct ? I would consider it just to have one.

Yes. It could be made to work if the motor is good. the rest is all mechanical and would likely only need gaskets.
No point to doing that though. Removing all the lower internal componants will drastically reduce the weight and the lower area can be repurposed to a cabinet, TV, stereo, display area etc.
The "old gas" odor that these things have is mostly in the internal pump and plenum and is difficult to get rid of. Not something you want to display in the shop or house. Removing these parts will not decrease the value. Collectors don't really expect these pumps to work, mostly esthetic. I like to rewire the face and globe light sockets and add a small switch somewhere so the pump can be lit up.
gilbarco model 97 befor after.JPG

Last edited:
Yes. It could be made to work if the motor is good. the rest is all mechanical and would likely only need gaskets.
No point to doing that though. Removing all the lower internal componants will drastically reduce the weight and the lower area can be repurposed to a cabinet, TV, stereo, display area etc.
The "old gas" odor that these things have is mostly in the internal pump and plenum and is difficult to get rid of. Not something you want to display in the shop or house. Removing these parts will not decrease the value. Collectors don't really expect these pumps to work, mostly esthetic. I like to rewire the face and globe light sockets and add a small switch somewhere so the pump can be lit up.
View attachment 422062
I gotcha. Ok I might try & see if I can fix it up. Just hate to see it lying in the dirt.

Back