59 dodge input needed

Check for rust at the rear door jam to start of rear wheel lip. Common rust area.
From what I can see in 2 pics it's a bargain for $1500.
Swivel seat alone is worth $750-$1000.

The other areas to check for rust are:
- the front floorboards and kickpanel area
- front headlight buckets, this area holds water and rots out

If you do end up buying the car, I have many 1960 Dodge parts available.

As others have already stated the swivel seat is worth the asking price.
In addition the grille, side aprons, body moldings and chrome all to be in nice condition which for $1500, I’d already be dragging it out of there.

Last edited:
One more thing - It’s definitely a Canadian Dodge model as it has the Plymouth dash, steering wheel & interior.

Makes it more interesting but I prefer the 1960 Dodge dash lay-out and door panels compared to the Plymouth

And I have a 65 pb available not too far away should you want one of them (once the border opens again).

The 65 pushbutton transmissions are one of the most desirable especially if it’s a big block bellhousing.
Also because that year uses a slip yoke instead of the ball & trunnion the driveshaft (in the 60 Pioneer), has to modified or swapped out.

In manitoba we have a Ownership document. Or I guess a TOD transfer ownership document.
And yes it has one. There not that hard to get on anything that has been off the road for 25 years.
Polara 500, stopping in at your place is on my to do list.

Flatla Auto Salvage here in Alberta had a couple of these in their yard IIRC. Might have been a Phoenix model as well.

Auto Wreckers Tilley | Home | Flatla Auto Wrecking

Thanks for that Graham, I'm on a first name with Dale.
Actually I have some parts here for Dale and he has a box of goodies for me.
My plan was a c body drive but the covid fungus has me staying closer to home.

318 poly, not a small block, but am "A" engine.

Yes, there was a smallblock available starting with the 1965 model year with the 273 CID engine.

1965 Plymouth Belvedere-16-17.jpg

The guy got it pulled out of the zone yesterday. It was getting dark when I saw it few days ago. And in grass and I didn't look close enough.
I saw it today.
I find fairly intense rust on drivers side rocker. Little rust on light pods. Rust around rear wheel openings. Rear frame rails look very nice. Front rails look decent as well
Now I need to decide if I want to tackle it. I have several projects in the cue. I farm full time and mopar in spare time. I like the fact that it's very complete. The wheel opening rust dont scare me. The rocker needs rebuilt and that's a new one with me.
1500 canadian ain't bad if the swivel seats are worth quite a bit.
I'll need to sleep on it

20201206_131954.jpg

20201206_132051.jpg

20201206_131342.jpg

20201206_132103.jpg

20201206_131700.jpg

20201206_132428.jpg

Front wheels turn, which surprised me. I never lifted the rear up.
I wasn't able to determine why drivers door dont want to close. Something is going on with top hinge.

20201206_132651.jpg

20201206_132451.jpg

20201206_132222.jpg

20201206_131342.jpg

20201206_132651.jpg

I have been slowing down on the farm. I get quite a bit of shop time in winter.
I bought this 67 belvedere a couple months ago. Typical story, young guy got it and took it apart, painted it, rounded up a whole bunch of parts. And then forgot about it for 10 years.
It's got zero rust. PP1 paint is original color and flawless 383 4 speed car.
Then last week I couldn't pass up this 68 adventurer Its 318 automatic. Bucket seats. Little rust on passenger running board. Accident free. Been sitting for quite a few years. It was cheap.
So do I need a 60 dodge pioneer, no, but I dont mind sitting on a car that I could break even on if I decided i didn't want to fix it.

20201102_143417.jpg

20201204_100615.jpg

looks like you have the room to store it. the underside looks surprisingly solid. not likely you'll find another at that price, with paperwork and close to home.

It's got hard to find stone guards in good condition. I got a bubble front windshield.
The swivel seat looks to be in good condition.
Looks like you got a 63 Newport to use for parts. Lots of parts interchange.
They have bad door hinges. 63 Newport should interchange. Also rockers.
Little bit rusty,but I would still pick it up,especially if you can trade tractor.

Love the 66 Belvedere. I bought a 6 month old 66 Satellite 383 4 sp in 67. A triple black one. Loved that car. Traded for my new A12 in 69.
You won't ever go wrong on the 60 Dodge. You could likely turn a profit just flipping it.

Is that 64 a Windsor?

Is it a 3 speed Torqueflite?

The trans you want to find that allows a 62 up big block but still retains the Ebrake on the trans is a 62 Chrysler. First year for the aluminum Torqueflite, last year for the trans mounted drum Ebrake.

Kevin

Last edited:
If the original poly will turn it might be the best choice, if original. It looks like it is. Also looks like a factory towing package trans cooler in front of the radiator. As well as a block heater.
20201206_132222-jpg.jpg

I think it would be a worthy, although expensive restoration to OEM. Having the hard to find original trim is a big plus. Body and interior will be the hi dollar area. The chrome pot metal looks pretty good.

Back