62 Chrysler Newport Brake system

That master is for manual brakes with the boot on it. See the metal retaining ring? Can’t install it on power brake booster with that.
Perfect, so I remove it if I have a power brake booster?

Last edited:
Hooking up the vacuum gave you a power assist. That should not make the pedal go to the floor unless there is air someplace still in the system. I am assuming that you have installed a new master cylinder, have you checked the travel rod adjustment? If that is correct, you may have a line leak at one of the hoses or wheel cylinders, this will allow air to get sucked in as the pedal comes back up and give you a zero pedal condition the next time the pedal is depressed. If you installed Chicom wheel cylinders, they are known for sometimes having the rubber cups installed backwards, Pull the cylinder pistons and check all of them. The other issue has been with poorly machined seats for the flare fittings and bleeder screws. They will usually have a leak there if that is the case. A pinhole leak in one of the steel lines can also allow leakage and air intrusion.

Dave
Dave, the new master cylinder came in but has a boot. Due to the Newport having a power booster do I just take the boot off?
64AB3B1E-5C6C-4B2B-AFA9-2EF4EB0C88B1.jpeg

Brent,
Stop. Don't touch anything. Await my phone call.
Craig.

Hey Brent,
I am dialing you -- I have tried four times -- getting a rapid fire busy signal.....
Yours, Craig.

Back