64 Crown coupe wire harness

4691Coupe

Reaction score
i’m wanting to replace my 64 Crown coupe with a new wire harness .. or at least the harness under the hood.. Any help would be appreciated

Do you have the factory manual, which tells where this and that wire goes to? If you have, you can make a new harness using it as a guide to get the colors, wire diameters and routing right.

Try contacting one of these places. Don't depend on their online catalogs... Call or email. Most people seem to have better results with M&H, but I've never used either, so I can't comment on that.
Reproduction Wiring Harnesses for America's Muscle Cars
Evans Wiring Harnesses

You could also contact Rhode Island Wiring and they will probably rework it for you. Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc. I buy supplies from them, including correct wire by the foot.

Another option and one I have used myself on a couple cars, is to rework the existing harness. You'll need the FSM for the wiring diagrams, a piece of plywood or particle board and some finishing nails.

Get a FSM here if you don't have one. MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals

Grab a parts book while you are at it. MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Parts & Accessories Books

You lay out the old harness, remove the tape and replace the wires one at a time.

7QoWqcb.jpg

Get the wiring supplies here: Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc.

Finish with non-adhesive electrical tape like this: 1 Roll Factory Electrical Non Adhesive Wiring Harness Friction Tape OEM A NOS OE | eBay

Whatever you do, don't try one of those generic "fits all" wiring kits. They might be good for a street rod, but not so great for an old Mopar.

Back