64 Fury vert for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparhead

Reaction score
Contact seller
Good afternoon all, selling my 64 Fury convertible resto project. Most of the body work is done, still needs interior, top, suspension, brakes done. It's on eBay if interested. Car is in Kingman AZ if you want to check it out in person. Make an offer.

Here's the text from the eBay listing:

Up for sale is my 1964 Plymouth Fury Convertible resto project. It is a running and driving car and has a poly (semi-hemi) 318 cubic inch v8 engine and pushbutton automatic transmission. It’s originally black with a red interior, real nice color combo when done. Most of the heavy bodywork is done now and needs some additional shaping before it would be ready for paint. The interior needs to be completely redone, as does the convertible top. The windshield is out of the car but is included in the sale. The other glass is all in the car and works fine. The car will come with 4 red ‘police’ rims (as pictured on the drivers side) mounted on the car. The tires have 80-90% tread left on them. I have all the trim for the car, some of it is in good condition, some needs refinishing for a show car appearance and all of it is included. It appears the floor had been replaced at one point in its life and only screwed down, so that should be welded down to finish that job. The frame is in good shape as are the torque boxes.

This car has been off the road for more than 20 years, please take that into consideration when assessing the work left to get her road worthy. Assume there will be at least some electrical, suspension, brake and tune up work. Additional work may be needed as you start to stretch her out. I don’t mean to sound all doom and gloom, just trying to be realistic, this is an old, weathered project car, but a very cool one. This is one of the best looking Fury’s and would be the perfect cruiser, especially as a convertible…too bad there aren’t more drive in movie theaters.

The car has only been driven around up and down a neighborhood street and would need at least brakes and suspension gone through before taking out in traffic. I do not know the true condition of the trans other than it goes right into gear and moves the car.

I’ve tried to explain as accurately as possible, please ask any questions ahead of time, I am happy to answer. DO NOT wait until there are 3 minutes remaining to ask 15 questions with pictures. Shipping arrangements are the responsibility of the buyer. I will be happy to be available when you pick up or when the shipper arrives but I cannot load the car. The car runs, so driving it onto a trailer should be no problem. If you have less than 10 feedback please message me first or I will cancel your bid. If the car exceeds reserve I will include a cast iron 4bbl intake in case you want to bump up the performance. If you poke around the internet you may also find dual 4bbl intakes for this motor, they are out there.

I have many more pictures of the car throughout its transformation into its current state, so please ask and I will send whatever pics you need. If you want pics with greater detail, I will take new ones. The car is in Kingman, AZ so if you are nearby please come check it out in person before you bid.

The reserve is set low considering the popularity and value of the car and that a good portion of the restoration work has been completed, you have a great head start on a very cool car. NADA values this car at $10,600 Low, $17,200 Average, and $26,100 High. The reserve is well below the Low value, making this a great way to get into a muscle cruiser and still have value in it. I have listed this car before and the bidding did not meet reserve. I do not want to sell this car, but could use the space. This is the last time this car will be listed here. If it does not sell, I will finish it over the summer and just enjoy it.

25 years of tinkering and dragging home strays ;) I love bringing them back from the dead. So much cool design and character in the bodies of these old cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back