NOT MINE 65 300 L 4 Speed In NM

I see why everyone is going GAGA over this one, we'd all love it but man it is one crusty bugger from what the photos show. Just imagine what we can't see, Hergfest is right, he dodged the bullet.
Pokies pointed out on interior, pop rivets holding chrome, no important pictures of total trunk, underside and the cancer is everywhere. The skirts, not sure how they are still attatched?
Looks like the bidding ended at $15,100
Actually there's an hour left and it's at $12400.

Not a 4-speed, but it's all done, jump in and drive: For Sale: 1965 Chrysler 300L in Phoenix, Arizona
I didn't mean 'let's spend $30k on a Slab'! :lol:

That one does look very nice in teh pics.

I kept seeing the passenger side tailpipe looking longer than the other, but thought it was just the angle of the pics like this one.
But no, it is actually longer or lower.

The alignment of the hood, trunk, and related trim is atrocious for this car's claimed caliber and asking price.
And there are too many un-loomed wires underhood.
For being bought at $24,500 and $35-40k being spent, somebody spent a lot of money to get the ball dropped at the 1-yard line.

Things like this are why I stay out of the deep end of the 'fully restored' pool, I guess.

1678908451135.png

1678908376436.png

1678908797073.png

^^^This one on the Hemmings site looks like the buy! Figure $32K for the car and shipping? A triple black car minus air in Arizona is definitely something that stays parked in the Summertime there. Were I in the market, I'd fly out to see that puppy myself.

I kept seeing the passenger side tailpipe looking longer than the other, but thought it was just the angle of the pics like this one.

The alignment of the hood, trunk, and related trim is atrocious for this car's claimed caliber and asking price.
For being bought at $24,500 and $35-40k being spent, somebody spent a lot of money to get the ball dropped at the 1-yard line.

Things like this are why I stay out of the deep end of the 'fully restored' pool, I guess.

View attachment 587194

View attachment 587192
View attachment 587199
Yea, this car looks great... Until you look at some of the details.

You'd really want to look at this one up close. Just those added on headrests would drive me nuts! (it is a short drive though)

View attachment 587194

View attachment 587192
View attachment 587199
Minor details...

If both cars could be had for an agreeable and sensible price, a pair like that would be the shizzle at shows, and be a ball to drive. Unless I hit the BigAssLotto soon, it won't be me.

Don't know if build quality was that average or if has been put together in a half-arsed way, but small things like that don't present that big of a problem, not for me anyway, we're not talking about Pebble Beach material.

It's back. Apparently the sale at $14,000 in post #44 fell through.

@300Classy - Here's the car you've been looking for, a 300 hardtop with 4-speed. But read thru all of this, we've dissected this car pretty well (and there's a 2nd black car in here also, don't get them confused).

Is noted to now have new front seat covers, but they weren't installed very well (wrinkles), they kinda look like vinyl, and... They have the wrong color inserts !!!! :eek:
The more time I spend composing and inserting pics - those seats are vinyl, they have the textured inserts that were used on the vinyl seats.
Leather seats don't have that - look at the leather rear seat.

It now has some more under-car pics, and it does look to be solid underneath, but not everything is pictured, though.
I don't recall seeing the VT damage before. Maybe it's recent.

1965 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

1697489824625.png

1697489837363.png

1697489856042.png

1697489873059.png

1697489898887.png

1697489910709.png

1697490006366.png

1697490061970.png

Back