NOT MINE 65 300 L 4 Speed In NM

Ah, somebody sent in a scout?
Next bid increment over $12988 will meet reserve?

Interesting to see if the $15 and change met the reserve. I know that this car needs quite a bit of care and attention, a bunch of body work and bits and bites, but that is one sinister looking ride! I frankly am not surprised that the $17 K bid was pulled, that kind of $ would be excessive to me given the amount of dollars needed to get this really nice. Would have loved to have had it, but not in the mood for something needing that kind of time, dollars and effort. Hope to see it all gussied up in the future. C Shaft

Interesting to see if the $15 and change met the reserve.
It didn't
I know that this car needs quite a bit of care and attention, a bunch of body work and bits and bites, but that is one sinister looking ride! I frankly am not surprised that the $17 K bid was pulled, that kind of $ would be excessive to me given the amount of dollars needed to get this really nice. Would have loved to have had it, but not in the mood for something needing that kind of time, dollars and effort. Hope to see it all gussied up in the future. C Shaft
It does need some work... It would be really interesting to actually see the car and look underneath it. There's a ton of potential there, but like just about every other resto project, it would be expensive and a labor of love.

I really can't do this car or I'd really be interested. It checks a lot of boxes and I love black cars. Price is a little high, but someone is willing to spend $15k on it, so maybe it's not that bad... Figure another $20k at minimum to start to restore this car right.... But on the other hand, it looks like it's a drivable car that you could have some fun with as it sits.

It's back, $11,200 bid and reserve not met.

1965 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

If I had the money and space, I was thinking this would be an OK car for me, as the rust is all down low and I could enjoy it as-is.

It looks nice from the front, which is what I would see when it would be parked in the garage.
1678800650148.png

But then I saw this stuff, that I'd see every time I got in it.

1678800214271.png

And this, every time I put gas in it.
1678800248838.png

I think it's been photographed well, and the paint shines well at the right angles, but I think it would be disappointing in person.

If this were indeed a lifelong Utah car, I could easily see the interior roughness for the miles; as with the rust (SALT Lake City), too. To me, this would be a great car to restore (or at least repair and refurbish). Black with red is in my Top Three color combos for 1960s anything (triple black and yellow/black rounding things out).

Were I so inclined, a $15K buy-in and another $15K to make things all pretty and working right...I dunno...what new four-wheeled machine can you buy, have $30K in it, and have something that looks this good???

If this were indeed a lifelong Utah car, I could easily see the interior roughness for the miles; as with the rust (SALT Lake City), too. To me, this would be a great car to restore (or at least repair and refurbish). Black with red is in my Top Three color combos for 1960s anything (triple black and yellow/black rounding things out).

Were I so inclined, a $15K buy-in and another $15K to make things all pretty and working right...I dunno...what new four-wheeled machine can you buy, have $30K in it, and have something that looks this good???
It's funny to say on a car in this condition, but $15k might be an underestimate to restore it. (IMO this is a patch-panel/touchup/front seatcovers car?)

To restore it:
Leather seatcovers from Legendary are $1626/pair for front, $1762 for rear. $3400 total + installation (if the fronts are fresh, does the back one no longer match? or is it dried out, ready to split, crumby foam?)
Remove the C-pillar emblems and replace VT - $500?
Rust repair $3000?
Prep/paint $7500?

There's ~$14.5k and that's just the big in-the-face things.
There's trim that's pop-riveted on, surely other minor stuff too.

Then - what else does $30k get in the C-body world? The pick of almost anything except the best GTs/Hursts.

It's a tough car, one would really need to know their plan for it 100% before they bought it.

It's funny to say on a car in this condition, but $15k might be an underestimate to restore it. (IMO this is a patch-panel/touchup/front seatcovers car?)

To restore it:
Leather seatcovers from Legendary are $1626/pair for front, $1762 for rear. $3400 total + installation (if the fronts are fresh, does the back one no longer match? or is it dried out, ready to split, crumby foam?)
Remove the C-pillar emblems and replace VT - $500?
Rust repair $3000?
Prep/paint $7500?

There's ~$14.5k and that's just the big in-the-face things.
There's trim that's pop-riveted on, surely other minor stuff too.

Then - what else does $30k get in the C-body world? The pick of almost anything except the best GTs/Hursts.

It's a tough car, one would really need to know their plan for it 100% before they bought it.
$10500 is way low for paint and bodywork on this car. If this car came into my shop the bill would've been in the $20-25 K range. Rust repair that this needs is very time consuming especially when no good aftermarket pieces are available. Being black that also means extra time due to black showing any wave or imperfection.

IMHO, it would be hard not to do a full restoration on this one. The potential is there and geez... a black 4spd letter car with A/C.

With body shop prices what they are, I'd expect to drop $25k to do this one right. Probably another $10K in everything else.

I think the biggest objection is the $15k starting price. I think the car is worth half that as it sits...

I'd love to have this car.... It's too much of a project for me.

$10500 is way low for paint and bodywork on this car. If this car came into my shop the bill would've been in the $20-25 K range. Rust repair that this needs is very time consuming especially when no good aftermarket pieces are available. Being black that also means extra time due to black showing any wave or imperfection.
Yeah, I put the price low to support my conclusion on it.
I've only paid for 1 paintjob years ago ($300 Maaco) and the few others I did myself, with similar results. :lol:

I've heard of guys paying $20k+ for paint, I'd need lottery winnings first.
I think the biggest objection is the $15k starting price. I think the car is worth half that as it sits...
While I don't disagree that the $15k is high, as complete and overall condition as it is, $7500 seems a bit low.
At $7500 - if it were local it would be sitting in a neighbor's driveway.

Again, I'm not talking a "full resto" for $15K, just getting it comfortable and presentable. Not eat-off-the-floor showroom fresh!

This car was listed on EBay earlier in the year in Salt Lake City UT. Looks like the owner is flipping it. I almost had a deal on the car but someone hit the Buy-It-Now and I missed on it. Looking at the rust, looks like a Dodged a Bullet.
I see why everyone is going GAGA over this one, we'd all love it but man it is one crusty bugger from what the photos show. Just imagine what we can't see, Hergfest is right, he dodged the bullet.
Pokies pointed out on interior, pop rivets holding chrome, no important pictures of total trunk, underside and the cancer is everywhere. The skirts, not sure how they are still attatched?
Looks like the bidding ended at $15,100

Back