For Sale 65-68 c body 4 SPDR pedals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfin

Reaction score
Contact seller
4 speed pedals 65-68 C body 400.00
20190304_112532.jpg

Those look to be manual pedals. Here's a picture showing a manual set (left) and a power set (right). You'll see that the manual set has the brake pedal arm pivot point lower (and closer to the brake rod) than the pivot point on the power set, due to the required leverage multiplication for manual brakes. For quick reference, on a manual set, the pivot rod for both the clutch and the brake pedal arms are on the same line. For a power brake set, there are two pivot rods.

Four speed pedals, manual and power.jpg

Those look to be manual pedals. Here's a picture showing a manual set (left) and a power set (right). You'll see that the manual set has the brake pedal arm pivot point lower (and closer to the brake rod) than the pivot point on the power set, due to the required leverage multiplication for manual brakes. For quick reference, on a manual set, the pivot rod for both the clutch and the brake pedal arms are on the same line. For a power brake set, there are two pivot rods.

View attachment 266360
That's good information, the ones in the OP look to have some extra bends though. I've been looking at converting mine to power brakes, I have the booster and what looks like an original master cylinder to rebuild. I know there are differences in the pedals but would the manual version work for power as well? Would the rod need to be different?

They are manual brake pedals. 400.00 oboe putting them on ebay tomorrow

I would be nervous to try, as I expect the brakes would be so sensitive as to be near impossible to control well.

I think with an adjustable push rod from the pedal to the booster, and another adjustable rod from the booster to the MC, and maybe even a manual adjustable pressure valve on the front and rear brake line circuits you could dial the manual brake pedal set-up in with a power brake booster, but would most likely be a long slow process to get it set up properly.

I know that is most likely what I will do if I ever put my manual 4 spd set-up in my wagon....either that or go hydroboost. ;)

Interesting - I'm not sure what the adjustability of the two push-rods would have to do with reducing the leverage exponent of the manual pedal setup... but I'm interested to learn!

Thrashing...
I think we both need 4 speeds in our wagons. What a hoot it would be.
John
Wisconsin
20160805_223401.jpg

View attachment 266360
I need to save that pic for the Auto-to-manual book I'm writing. :lol:

Seriously, If I were to do it one more time, I would save myself a ton of aggrevation by using a Wildwood setup of some kind regardless of how shitty they would look in a classic American car.

Lol. Yes, and verified by Garwin Goofiah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back